Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my bike on the way home and the engine started to make a dinging piping noice in the actual engine my bike then quickly stopped accelerating, then after another quick ping and spurt it started accelerating again. Any idea really appreciated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Absolutely no idea with no more hints than noise and deceleration once around. What year and how many miles/kilometers on your bike? Do you know what maintenance schedule the bike has followed? Have all Honda Safety Recalls been performed? To start, ensure all the fluids are at the full marks. And hope for the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the bikes about to hit 50,000 got it a month ago at 49,000km and no service scheduled on it Yet I recon I should take it in and how do I check the fluids?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah the bikes about to hit 50,000 got it a month ago at 49,000km and no service scheduled on it Yet I recon I should take it in and how do I check the fluids?
I have a link to Honda's website. You can download a free PDF copy of your bike's owner's manual. Plug in the info and go. It would be helpful to spend a few hours studying through the owners manual. There's all kind of info in there concerning the bike's maintenance. The 2nd link is to Honda's Safety Recalls. Have you VIN and other info in hand and check to see if your bike has had any recalls. Safety recall are free and any authorized dealer can do the work.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Heaps of fuel in the tank? Could be a one off moment or something more. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
15 Posts
Is your bike a 2015 or 2016? There's a pretty significant recall - 'an improperly machined crankshaft may result in the failure of the connecting rod bearing retainer. If that failure should occur, the engine may stall unexpectedly, which could lead to a loss of control or crash.' This is an engine seizes failure so isn't one to ignore. Hope you're not affected.

You can check by entering your VIN here Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts