Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello hello y’all,

And so, there’s oil on the bottom of my crankcase, more so on the right side of the engine than on the left. I am having a hard time tracing it. The oil add plug is tight and dry. The oil filter lid gasket is also clean and dry. The oil drain bolt has some stickiness to it, but no dripping from there. There another plug next to the oil drain bolt (Allen wrench type) that is the low point from which oil drips onto the exhaust pipe, but I wiped it clean and now cannot get the dripping to replicate. I start the engine, run it on the stand until warm, rev it up a few times... place an absorbent pad under and nothing, no oil on the pad.

There is one little hole on the right side of the bottom of the engine crankcase that is full of dirty oil residue. Can someone help me identify what this little hole is?
This little hole was full of oily grime, and it’s hard to think that oil would travel uphill against gravity into this hole. I suspect that this hole is where the oil is coming from. Is my engine missing a plug there???

Thanks!!!

Light Motor vehicle Yellow Auto part Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
That'll be the weep hole for the water pump housing. To save me a whole bunch of typing read this thread:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts