Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
With my 15T front sprocket I get a good indication from the rev counter. In 6th gear, 4000rpm = 40 mph. etc 6000rpm = 60 mph. Actually it's a mile or two more but close enough to show me I'm in 6th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shift between 7 and 8k, and at 6th gear I top off at 10k rpm and max speed 96mph on the track straight away, down shifts I try to stay in the 6 to 8k range!

Too late a shift, and I will lose engine power after 8500rpm. Engine will cut completely if I gas it too much in 4th or 5th gear when it should be in 6th. Not fun on a track when that happens.

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
31 Posts
Just got the CB300F and took it easy the first couple of rides to get a feel. Third ride I spun it up into the 6-8k range and found it much livelier and fun. Nice change from the KLR650.
Was concerned about buzzy at higher RPM but Grip Buddies took care of any that was there. Very pleased so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I usually run it up a bit higher than 5k. You can really feel the engine get on the pipe at about 6.5k. So I run it up from that. I’m mostly city with some twisties thrown in a couple of days a week. The engine is made to rev up so I do. 😀

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
31 Posts
Old enough to remember 2 strokes eh ??
I'd always lusted for a CB400F four with Vtech which had a dramaticalyy similar effect but out of my price range. Really after 57 years and a few fast bikes ,,,,notably the CBF1000 recently ....the CB300F is just fine with insane gas mileage and enough power to keep up in the severely restricted speed limits in Australia.

I shift when it feels right but usually 7k rpm+ unless in a hurry, The single 300 thumper does "okay" at lower rpms tho, Not real bogging unless you try and pull in a higher gear at low rpms. It is decently polite in reminding me.
A rev limiter at 10,500 on the CB300F I have not hit yet I don't think .....hopefully less abrupt than the NC700 which was THE worst demo ride evah. :eek: 6500 hard rev limiter made for a horrid ride experience....yes it pulled....then it stopped just when most bikes are getting into the sweet spot.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts