Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Super Moderator
馃槶 WHY WHY WHY?????
Why couldn鈥檛 Honda make a nice round cutout on that right fairing to include access to the oil filter WITHOUT having to remove sooooooo many fragile plastic parts in order to perform an oil filter change? WHY? 馃槩
That gives you practice, soz you'll be proficient when you need to remove panels for future maintenance. ;)

Registered
That gives you practice, soz you'll be proficient when you need to remove panels for future maintenance. ;)
I tell you, some days I really feel like taking a hole saw and cutting the appropriate hole around that oil filter cover and be done with taking that faring OFF. Or at least, cutting a hole in front of the middle bolt of that lower right faring so that I can remove it without having to partially remove the top faring 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Super Moderator
I tell you, some days I really feel like taking a hole saw and cutting the appropriate hole around that oil filter cover and be done with taking that faring OFF. Or at least, cutting a hole in front of the middle bolt of that lower right faring so that I can remove it without having to partially remove the top faring 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
Almost forty years ago, and with much better hand-eye- coordination... I owned a 1983 R80 RT BMW with a similar problem. Same set-up with a metal oil filter cover, a few screws to remove, and an internal paper filter. But removing the lower plastic panels were not a quick nor simple task.
The filter was literally too long to remove it without forcing out the plastic bottom panel and crushing the paper filter.
What I'm sure was addressing numerous complaints from dealer's mechanics and owners alike... BMW came up with and offered, a "premium oil filter" that folded in the middle with a plastic inner hinge, to allow installation around their engineering over-sight.
Lo and behold.... what a simple solution.
I guess that's why those technical and engineering types, like Kiwi Rider, make the big dollars.:whistle:

Registered
No real problem removing the lower fairing without taking off the side fairing. Get a suitably shaped allen (hex) key and it is easy.

Super Moderator
Absolutely! I struggle on a daily basis to think up new ways to spend it all 馃挷馃挷馃挷 View attachment 35236
No need to over-think it. That Aprilia Tuono 660, plus your upcoming warm weather track days on which ever bike you've spent all winter preparing... will relieve you of much of it. :D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts