Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me an old trolley jack he didn't need anymore and which I happily accepted expecting to use it for minor mtc or modifications in the future. When I went to slide the trolley under the engine I noticed there was only a thin plastic cover and a low exhaust pipe. I see no jack-up points under the engine. So how do I use a hydraulic trolley jack to raise the bike off the floor without doing any damage?

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
I havent found them much use for working on a bike even though I own one. Too unstable. A rear proper rear stand connecting with bobbins/spools on the bike is by far the best set up. Unfortunately the CBR does not have threaded attachment points on the swing arm for spools/bobbins so you need to purchase something like this:

·
Registered
430 Posts
You can get paddock stands that slide under the swing arm. I use this type then the trolly jack with a block of wood under the engine to lift it. I use a very strong rope from a steel roof beam in my garage round the headstock as security. This allows me to remove the forks or do other work on the front end.
Tire Close-up Wire Gas Fashion accessory
Line Gas Font Metal Circle
Bicycle part Fluid Liquid Carbon Cable

·
Registered
365 Posts
How sturdy is your exhaust? :cool:

For the record, I have an identical cheap set as the ones Gromit posted, and I hate 'em. Have spools on the SV but just haven't upgraded yet

·
Registered
430 Posts
The stands don't touch the exhaust. I find them perfect for doing work on the CBR.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to you all. It seems the trolley jack isn't really going to work for this bike. Anybody want to buy a good used trolley jack?? 😉

·
Registered
354 Posts
Do you or your neighbors have a riding lawn mower? I seem to need an annual tire (or 2) repair on mine. That jack would come in handy. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts