Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new forum
Had my 300 for about 6months done about 4500 kms
Feels very harsh especially above 4000 rpm, when bike is riden from cold hardly notice the harshness as the bike warms up the harshness gets
more noticeable, hotter the bike gets the worse it gets. For the first 3 weeks when bike was new the only vibration felt was through the seat at a out 100 kph, had the bike back to the local Honda distributor, they have it is OK.
Anybody had simlar problem. It a shame as otherwise a great bike

·
Registered
188 Posts
No vibrations here at any rpm up to 9000.

Some times the fingers on my throttle hand go numb but that is from gripping it too hard.

I don't feel any vibration through the throttle grip.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi whitecliffeborders,
I get very little through the bars even at *ahem* higher speeds, but at the higher speeds i found a fair bit through the seat :eek:.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mikal this is exactly how my rattle occurs.No one on this site has found the answer I have tried every thing mentioned but no luck.

·
Registered
353 Posts
will do, i find the most vibration comes through the cast heel plate at the back of the pegs, i reckon i won't get stuff att extra vibration from the steel pegs.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I feel vibration through the pegs, though it isn't distracting and only occurs within a 1000 rpm rev range - can't remember what rpm but somewhere around 70kph? I don't load the pegs during cornering - not necessary at my snail's pace - so the rubber OEM pegs work fine for me.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Hi new forum
Had my 300 for about 6months done about 4500 kms
Feels very harsh especially above 4000 rpm, when bike is riden from cold hardly notice the harshness as the bike warms up the harshness gets
more noticeable, hotter the bike gets the worse it gets. For the first 3 weeks when bike was new the only vibration felt was through the seat at a out 100 kph, had the bike back to the local Honda distributor, they have it is OK.
Anybody had simlar problem. It a shame as otherwise a great bike
No more vibration than you would expect from a single cylinder motor.

Reactions: MotoMike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Also felt a slight vibration at 7k rpms, but wasn't too dramatic. Prefer not staying there for long though. Rattling seems to come at slow speed in a gear below 3k rpms but prefer shifting down and push back to 4k rpms.

Reactions: mikal

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
No more vibration than you would expect from a single cylinder motor.
Yah a 1 banger revving high like ours does produce a bit of vibration. It's expected. You get use to it. Try riding a 1000+cc Harley if you want to feel vibration :D
Once/if you free up the engine with a free flowing exhaust it does get a big smoother IMO. But after adding clip-on handlebars without the stock weights inside the bars and new grips that do not use the bar end weights you will feel a bit more vibration through the bars as well. Nothing more than I'd expect from a motorcycle though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Vibration above ~5000rpms

I noticed there is vigorous vibration at above ~5000rpm all the way to red line on my 2015CBR300RA. The bike was obtained used at 3,920km and currently at about 4,100km. The camshaft recall was perform by a local dealership during the winter season.

I am a beginner rider and not rev over 4,500rpm after obtaining the bike. A friend of mine suggested I should try rev to a little higher rpm to reduce the frequency of gear shaft during city driving with traffics. Then I start noticing the vibration, the vibration can be felt from the handlebar to the seat. Is this normal or there is something wrong?

Thanks!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm used to thumpers having a vibration to them but I think the 300r is smooth running for
a single.

I have heard of cases where the engine counter balance weight was reinstalled with 1 tooth
off on the sprocket.

Just wondering how serious the vibration is. Some people are used to very smooth engines
and dont like thumpers.

Does it vibrate only in gear but not in neutral?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm used to thumpers having a vibration to them but I think the 300r is smooth running for
a single.

I have heard of cases where the engine counter balance weight was reinstalled with 1 tooth
off on the sprocket.

Just wondering how serious the vibration is. Some people are used to very smooth engines
and dont like thumpers.

Does it vibrate only in gear but not in neutral?
It vibrate in neutral too. Just wanted to confirm if the vibration is normal or there is something I shall be looking into. Thanks for all input!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Being a single, and you a new rider, it's impossible to know whether it vibrates because of a problem, or because it's a single. As atown865 says, it's fairly smooth for a single. Smoother than most I've ridden, anyway. The best thing to do would be to compare it to another CBR300 or CB300F. There shouldn't be more than a slight difference. Failing that, have someone familiar with the model ride yours. A test ride by your local service person should settle the matter, keeping in mind that they might make money from something being wrong. Make sure it's someone trustworthy.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I'd say it's just the usual vibes that a few folk have commented on previously on this forum.
Mine kicks in at about 5,500RPM and remains all the way. Ive got used to it now but I definitely noticed it when I first got the bike as my CBR250R previous was considerably smoother. I think with the stroking of the motor to get it up to 286cc some of the balance of the original 249cc motor was lost.
In short my feeling is that there is nothing wrong with your bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts