Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
yes that was a good deal-- BUT being the bike is brand new and and 2015 I'm wondering if they knew about the recall and was it done before they picked it up?-- I think the recall is why Honda is dumping these bikes-it left very bad consumer confidence in the bike-I know I wouldn't buy a new or used pre 2017 for any price- but that's just me

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes that was a good deal-- BUT being the bike is brand new and and 2015 I'm wondering if they knew about the recall and was it done before they picked it up?-- I think the recall is why Honda is dumping these bikes-it left very bad consumer confidence in the bike-I know I wouldn't buy a new or used pre 2017 for any price- but that's just me
Do you plan to keep the bike forever? I bought my 2016 in 2016 so if I manage to not lay it down and sell it with 6k miles for let's say $2,000 next summer, I'd be taking a $4,000 hit because I financed over 4 years. It's not even worth it. I could have a shop tear down the entire bike and upgrade the fork, shock, tires, chain and sprockets, exhaust, PCFC, and piston for less money...

·
Super Moderator
3,003 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue. Back when the recall was issued, there was a "stop sale" on all effected models in dealer inventories. Meaning that dealers could not sell those bikes until the crankshaft recall work was completed.

As for the seemingly low prices for a 2015 CBR300R, it's a 4 year old bike. Of course they will be discounted in order to sell. Toys depreciate, even when they have 0 miles on the odometer.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I just picked up my new 17 today for 3500$ out the door. Not as cheap but pretty dang close.
When I bought my 2015 CBR 300 R (ABS) in Fall of 2015..I paid total out (sales tax in) the door for $5000 CDN..or at todays rate.. $3750 USD. I paid base price of $4300 CDN... (Plus 15% sales tax)

·
Registered
263 Posts
So that's how they do it- is that tax for the whole of Canada-what I mean is if you look at Honda CA site and compair prices with the Honda US site you pay more but your dollar is woth less than the US dollar so do the math your prices in US dollars and you pay alot less than the US does so how can Honda do that- I guess with that high tax if they didn't sell at that price no bikes would be sold

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
So that's how they do it- is that tax for the whole of Canada-what I mean is if you look at Honda CA site and compair prices with the Honda US site you pay more but your dollar is woth less than the US dollar so do the math your prices in US dollars and you pay alot less than the US does so how can Honda do that- I guess with that high tax if they didn't sell at that price no bikes would be sold
In the 10 Provinces of Canada... sales tax for the most part are not the same. Why? I believe to a degree it is based on population. The more people in Province..say Ontario or Quebec sales tax is a little less on products because there is more buying power. Atlantic Canada where I live has 15% sales tax on houses..cars..motorcycles...ect

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 8 of 8 Posts