Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…..hi I would like to understand the “max rev’s”concept too 🫠
I enjoy pushing the boundaries of my abilities.
with a zen/insinctinve grace.
As a novice female, 1st riding not to long ago & now on a CBR 900 most of the time, the questions I ask other riders gets little feedback or they “don’t want me get hurt”…
I want straight up advices backed up by studies and technique.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lex,
As an avid track day rider my advice would be to start slow and on a smaller bike, like a CBR300r.
Getting the fundamentals down is most important. Developed bad habits will be hard to change.
The 3 most important skills are vision, vision and vision. Ever heard "You go where you are looking". It's true, and it matters as speed increases. Look as far ahead as you can see. Not just one corner ahead, but 2 or 3 if you can see them. Looking far ahead just slows everything down in your mind, less likely to panic. Every track day I've ever done whether it's a new track or an old favorite begins with a 70% pace and working on vision for each and every corner.
Also good to get some coaching, sign up for a local track day, not just one either, get as many days as time and finances permit. Crashing happens, buy the best safety equipment you can afford, it's worth it.
Have Fun!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts