Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
hey congrats on that! Honda Tricolore Red White Blue I presume? Oh and welcome to the site, glad to have another :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some pictures once you get your hands on it. Are you planning on doing any mods to your new CBR300?

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about tail kit - they seem popular - is the stock rear end that ugly or 'a bit over engineered' looking?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The stock rear fender/license plate/turn signal bracket that is fitted on the 300R is the same identical unit as was used on the 250R. It's functional, and will keep water spray off your back.

A lot of people have replaced them on the 250R's with fender eliminator kits for cosmetic/appearance reasons... I kept mine stock on my 250R as I don't like having water spray on my back when riding in rain or on wet roads.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! No mods planned. Need to see how stock is first.
Sounds like a good plan... over the past few years, I've seen countless new CBR250R owners throw untold amounts of money at their bikes, buying cheaply made, low quality anodized farkles from China. And at the same time many of these new riders have next to nothing in the way of good quality protective riding gear, and are unwilling to spend the money to get proper gear.

These days it seems to be all about "mods". I don't get it... it's like putting the cart before the horse.

·
Registered
532 Posts
as mike said a fender eliminator will get you water all up your back, however you could also opt for a hugger so you still get the function of the rear fender but without the gangly stinger hanging off the back!

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The 250R/300R already comes stock with a hugger mounted on the swing arm... a tire hugger would have to stick out the back quite a bit to prevent water spray from hitting the riders back. IMO, I think a longer hugger (if someone even made one for the bike) would really detract from the overall appearance of the bike, much more than the stock fender/license plate mount does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked up my bike today! Tri-color. Was supposed to get one back in August but had to wait a bit for more funds! 36 miles on it now! It's a bit cold, but I'm OK with it! Will be time to ride the snowmobiles soon! I'm in Maryland. Big order of all new gear on its way from Revzilla!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Picked up my bike today! Tri-color. Was supposed to get one back in August but had to wait a bit for more funds! 36 miles on it now! It's a bit cold, but I'm OK with it! Will be time to ride the snowmobiles soon! I'm in Maryland. Big order of all new gear on its way from Revzilla!
Excellent, congrats on taking delivery... And most importantly, way to go on not giving up in going after the bike after the months went by.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been busy with work, plus it is a tad cold out. Only 117 miles on it so far. I really, really, like this bike! I feel real comfortable with it. I'm 47 and I haven't had a bike since high school. I had an '84 Honda Magna 700 that I bought new. Had it for a year and sold it so I could afford a car. Loved that bike! I've only been on a few bikes since then. I test rode a CBR250 this past spring and thought it was a hoot! No regrets with the 300!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've been busy with work, plus it is a tad cold out. Only 117 miles on it so far. I really, really, like this bike! I feel real comfortable with it. I'm 47 and I haven't had a bike since high school. I had an '84 Honda Magna 700 that I bought new. Had it for a year and sold it so I could afford a car. Loved that bike! I've only been on a few bikes since then. I test rode a CBR250 this past spring and thought it was a hoot! No regrets with the 300!
What goes around sure does come back around... With this being a very good outcome in that you sacrificed your one and only bike when in high school. Goes to show that your heart never left riding after so many years passed by. Good on you, hope you enjoy it to the fullest... And no worries, the weather will surely turn up. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts