Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a long running thread on the CBR250R site titled 'what did you do to your cbr250r today?'
It seems popular and has just under 2000 replies posted so far.
Was wondering if it would be a good thread to add to out site, or is this too much like a copy cat scenario?

Personally I'm quite interested to hear what guys and gals are up to with their 300's on a daily basis, if they feel like sharing it.
Any thoughts??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sure lets makes this interesting. I rode my 300 to work, been riding it everyday since last week. Spring came early this year in the midwest. Finally broke 500 miles since buying it in December. Braaap!

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK! looks like we are up and running.
I haven't done anything to my bike today as its only 7.30am, but yst I gave it its 6K oil & filter change. As at 3k I pulled the oil filter apart to see how many metal particles were trapped in there. Hardly any in comparison to the first two changes. I now declare it fully run in!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I let my nine year old granddaughter sit on it in the garage. She was very impressed, especially when I turned the ignition on and it went through the startup sequence!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looked at it today in my underground, looked at the nice 19 degree weather outside and wished I had my full licence. Still two more weeks :(

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Live in arizona........so i get to ride it like I stole it all the time......
OK so yor gonna have to fill in the blanks for us lot outside of the states....
Does this mean your climate is good all year round or that you Arizona riders are all bad a.r.s.e... or both! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
what did i do to my 300f today

started by moving the mirrors out 2 inches on each side and up 1 1/2 with adapters, added a chrome backing plate under the license, a Harley item.
last I got rid of the stock grips and installed a set of foam cruiser barrel style, made a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Live in arizona........so i get to ride it like I stole it all the time......
OK so yor gonna have to fill in the blanks for us lot outside of the states....
Does this mean your climate is good all year round or that you Arizona riders are all bad a.r.s.e... or both! :D
Much of Arizona has a year round riding season, with beautiful 75 - 80 F weather this time of year. They do pay for it in the height of summer though, when typical daytime temps in the southern half of the state get up into the 100 - 110+ F range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sadly I didn't get to do anything today due to rain but tomorrow I'm riding to work then meeting up with a buddy and going for cruise down the strip

·
Registered
74 Posts
I washed my bike and adjusted the chain today. No desire to ride although since I ride hundreds of miles each week. I enjoy working on the bike on the weekend, unless my buddy wants to go for a ride. Some rare weeks, I get in 500 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed my Akrapovic slipon and my fake carbon fiber license plate frame. Then went around the block about 5 times just to hear the sweet sound. Probably got an extra 5 horse or so from the license plate frame alone. Woot!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well......first. Living in Arizona we don't "PAY" for the heat in the summer. We have tons of ways to keep cool and like anything else you get use to it. I'll take the 100 plus degree days over freezing my ass of riding any day of the week.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well......first. Living in Arizona we don't "PAY" for the heat in the summer. We have tons of ways to keep cool and like anything else you get use to it. I'll take the 100 plus degree days over freezing my ass of riding any day of the week.
Amen to that brother! I'm in the process of moving to San Antonio & I will gladly take the hot weather in exchange for the cold. I loathed the winter and seeing my bike on stands for 2-3 months. Horrible feeling... haha.

Well, I haven't done anything to the bike since my oil change 2 weekends ago, but I got something big coming soon that I cant wait to share with the members here. Im so dang excited for this! And I need to adjust the chain on her too. She was a bit over the recommended slack yesterday when I checked her out before riding & I kinda feel like I noticed the difference in performance. Is that something that would be noticeable?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Amen to that brother! I'm in the process of moving to San Antonio & I will gladly take the hot weather in exchange for the cold. I loathed the winter and seeing my bike on stands for 2-3 months. Horrible feeling... haha.

Well, I haven't done anything to the bike since my oil change 2 weekends ago, but I got something big coming soon that I cant wait to share with the members here. Im so dang excited for this! And I need to adjust the chain on her too. She was a bit over the recommended slack yesterday when I checked her out before riding & I kinda feel like I noticed the difference in performance. Is that something that would be noticeable?
You'll notice the chain slack while engine breaking especially. One time I was real lazy and let change slack get fairly loose on my old bike. While engine braking I managed to skip a tooth on the chain.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You'll notice the chain slack while engine breaking especially. One time I was real lazy and let change slack get fairly loose on my old bike. While engine braking I managed to skip a tooth on the chain.
I engine brake the crap out of her too...so good to know. I plan on getting it adjusted maybe this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And I need to adjust the chain on her too. She was a bit over the recommended slack yesterday when I checked her out before riding & I kinda feel like I noticed the difference in performance. Is that something that would be noticeable?
It wont affect your performance but will make it smoother on/off the throttle.
Its important not to over tighten your chain tho as it puts pressure on the countershaft (the one the front sprocket sits on) and makes the seals around it leak in time. 1 - 1.5" of slack is good, no less.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went for a 120 mile ride today through Northern NJ/ Southern NY over a mix of urban, suburban and rural roads. It was a lot of fun; although, I am yearning for some milder riding weather. The frozen lakes, rivers, and snow covered hillsides along the way reminded me that it is not quite riding season here in the northeast. We cannot seem to shake the colder than normal temperatures...

1 - 20 of 411 Posts