Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 410 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #361 (Edited)
Been waiting for this exhaust to come for about a month now. Had to adjust the header pipe so I put a new gasket in. Just waiting for a new hanger bracket which is coming in the mail tomorrow. It's a 240mm (long version) SC Project. It's matte titanium laser engraved. It doesn't show up in the picture too well with the flash but the laser engraving looks iridescent, kind of like a rainbow shimmer to it. Haven't run it yet but I do expect it's gonna be LOUD :eek::devil:
So if anyone is local (Florida) and wants a quality exhaust system at a good price I have a few taking up space lol
Trick lookin pipe mate. Expensive?
Yep, it's got that loud look about it! :D

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
... Haven't run it yet but I do expect it's gonna be LOUD
Better stock up on these, maybe pass them out to your neighbors...

·
Registered
99 Posts
New rear tire, Pilot Street Radial. CB turns quicker, I like it so far, the ride doesn't feel as stiff, but the tire seems to be louder than the stock.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Been waiting for this exhaust to come for about a month now. Had to adjust the header pipe so I put a new gasket in. Just waiting for a new hanger bracket which is coming in the mail tomorrow. It's a 240mm (long version) SC Project. It's matte titanium laser engraved. It doesn't show up in the picture too well with the flash but the laser engraving looks iridescent, kind of like a rainbow shimmer to it. Haven't run it yet but I do expect it's gonna be LOUD :eek::devil:
So if anyone is local (Florida) and wants a quality exhaust system at a good price I have a few taking up space lol
So..I must ask.why the new exhaust? You did not like the Danmoto or the I think Yosh after that???

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So..I must ask.why the new exhaust? You did not like the Danmoto or the I think Yosh after that???
I just get tired of things after a while and like switching them up. Also trying to find one that has the best sound for what I'm looking for. I had ordered this SC over a month ago but it took a while coming from Italy. I had seen the Akra in the meantime and it was such a good deal I had to buy it lol. They are just the can itself no midpipe so they are pretty much universal. I can stick it on another bike if I ever wanted to. But yah I have a nice selection of exhausts on my garage shelves lol
Soon as my bracket comes in the mail today I'm gonna fire it up for the first time. I always use Permatex red on the joints too and that takes 24hours to fully cure.
I'm currently designing a custom hanger/bracket on CAD, then gonna have a local jet cutting company cut me up a new one. Stainless or Aluminum not sure which

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
New rear tire, Pilot Street Radial. CB turns quicker, I like it so far, the ride doesn't feel as stiff, but the tire seems to be louder than the stock.
Ive got the same tyres on, wearing well, happy with them. Haven't noticed the noise thing tho, my pipe is too loud!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, everything on my bike is stock. Mainly used for commuting and general around town stuff. I do weight about 260 lbs though, so maybe a weight thing? I plan on buying a new front next month. The IRC isn't a bad tire but it was squaring off at 8K and there is an on ramp on the way home that has lots of debris constantly where I was loosing traction turning into, Haven't had that traction issue with the PSR yet, hopefully it lasts me a good while, I could have ridden the IRC for another 2K miles I think if I would have taken a different route.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
Yeah, everything on my bike is stock. Mainly used for commuting and general around town stuff. I do weight about 260 lbs though, so maybe a weight thing? I plan on buying a new front next month. The IRC isn't a bad tire but it was squaring off at 8K and there is an on ramp on the way home that has lots of debris constantly where I was loosing traction turning into, Haven't had that traction issue with the PSR yet, hopefully it lasts me a good while, I could have ridden the IRC for another 2K miles I think if I would have taken a different route.
I got 8.5K outta my OEM IRC rear but it was down to the canvas :eek:
I've just gone and checked my odo and it appears I have done just over 7K on the Michelin PSR and it appears to be only 70% worn at this stage which I'm really pleased about as my riding style hasn't changed and, like yourself, I rate the Michelin as a better gripping tire. Would buy them again.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
That is right Kiwi.....good product plug..to keep my Pension coming.....

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I know this sounds stupid but have you checked to see if they put the tire rotation on correctly? Also, have you checked the PSI? Both of those could affect the noise

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #372 (Edited)
Pre tour prep

I'm heading off on a two week tour on Monday so I changed my oil and filter for the 5th (I think) time today. This was the first change since the crank replacement job 3,500km (2,200 miles) ago so i was keen to see how the oil looked and what particles I could find in the oil filter paper element.
The oil looked as per normal and here is a shot of the worst section of the paper element unraveled:

View attachment 27194

I'm not too bothered about the particles as it's about normal for my bike but i've never had a sludgy black substance on there before. Interesting but not worrysome, bikes going great and making all the usual sounds.

In the past week I've also fitted new chain and sprockets, re-packed the muffler, gone over all the nuts bolts and screws and given it a good clean.

So I'm good to go, looking forward to a bit of time in the saddle and seeing a few new sights. I'm riding with two others so should be a few laughs and the odd beer along the way.
Ive just ordered a new iphone over the internet so i can get some better quality photos on this trip, hope it arrives before I leave.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Good luck on your trip..my friend..and ride safe too. Please give us some details when you get home.

Ha! Sounds like you changed your oil... 5 times ..today! LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm heading off on a two week tour on Monday so I changed my oil and filter for the 5th (I think) time today. This was the first change since the crank replacement job 3,500km (2,200 miles) ago so i was keen to see how the oil looked and what particles I could find in the oil filter paper element.
The oil looked as per normal and here is a shot of the worst section of the paper element unraveled:

View attachment 27194

I'm not too bothered about the particles as it's about normal for my bike but i've never had a sludgy black substance on there before. Interesting but not worrysome, bikes going great and making all the usual sounds.

In the past week I've also fitted new chain and sprockets, re-packed the muffler, gone over all the nuts bolts and screws and given it a good clean.

So I'm good to go, looking forward to a bit of time in the saddle and seeing a few new sights. I'm riding with two others so should be a few laughs and the odd beer along the way.
Ive just ordered a new iphone over the internet so i can get some better quality photos on this trip, hope it arrives before I leave.
Mate Id be fully concerned. Those are large metal pieces. There shouldn't be anything like that at all. Not one piece of large shiny stuff. Whatever that black stuff is comes from the shiny stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #376 (Edited)
Mate Id be fully concerned. Those are large metal pieces. There shouldn't be anything like that at all. Not one piece of large shiny stuff. Whatever that black stuff is comes from the shiny stuff.
That picture is pretty close up. Every time Ive cut my filters open there has been fine particles in there. That's what the filter is there for.
Here's another photo I posted sometime back:

View attachment 27202

Lifes too short for worrying about what might happen. I appreciate your concern tho.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yesterday I fitted a rack bought from another member saving loads on a new one. (Thanks Mark!!!!) Plus a top box for carrying my ever increasing stuff I need to carry.
I had always held off getting a rack and box as some just look hideous hanging way out back there.
Still, I now have a secure carrying method for when I go out and about for under £80 all in. That's about half the price of many top cases out there, and it looks not too bad (Well i think so anyway)
So far the mods I have done are;
Heated grips Oxford (intelligent ones that turn off if the engine is not running)
R&G Bar end weights as I lost a single weight somewhere on the road after fitting the heated grips and these were cheaper per pair then a single Honda one.
Dual charging point usb and cigarette lighter socket with an on off switch so no need to hard wire into the loom.
Heated vest power point again controlled by remote temp controller so again no draw down till its on.
Front and rear paddock stands great for maintenance and washing
Would like a chain oiler (For higher mileage chain)
BTW I just got a pair of OE fitment tyres for the price of 1 Bridgestone. came off a (0 mile bike) guess the owner was swayed by the brand snobs who don't know who IRC are. 10600 and climbing on my present tyres. Look to change about 12000.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Yesterday I fitted a rack bought from another member saving loads on a new one. (Thanks Mark!!!!) Plus a top box for carrying my ever increasing stuff I need to carry.
I had always held off getting a rack and box as some just look hideous hanging way out back there.
Still, I now have a secure carrying method for when I go out and about for under £80 all in. That's about half the price of many top cases out there, and it looks not too bad (Well i think so anyway)
Heated grips Oxford (intelligent ones that turn off if the engine is not running)
R&G Bar end weights as I lost a single weight somewhere on the road after fitting the heated grips and these were cheaper per pair then a single Honda one.
Dual charging point usb and cigarette lighter socket with an on off switch so no need to hard wire into the loom.
Heated vest power point again controlled by remote temp controller so again no draw down till its on.
BTW I just got a pair of OE fitment tyres for the price of 1 Bridgestone. came off a (0 mile bike) guess the owner was swayed by the brand snobs who don't know who IRC are. 10600 and climbing on my present tyres. Look to change about 12000.
Heck, that's great mileage. Guessing your doing a lot of slow speed commuting?
Yep, those IRC's are pretty good for an OEM fitment.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Nice to see that the rack I sold to Mark after I sold my cbr300r has gone to a good home. Enjoy :)

361 - 380 of 410 Posts