Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
381 - 400 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a long running thread on the CBR250R site titled 'what did you do to your cbr250r today?'
It seems popular and has just under 2000 replies posted so far.
Was wondering if it would be a good thread to add to out site, or is this too much like a copy cat scenario?

Personally I'm quite interested to hear what guys and gals are up to with their 300's on a daily basis, if they feel like sharing it.
Any thoughts??
See my last post :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Sunny yesterday...plus 9 C ..so I hook the CBR out of the basement...washed it up and went for the 1st ride of the Season. Today?? Freezing rain and snow.....:eek:

Attachments

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
31 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
After seeing the recent thread about luggage rack and storage earlier I started looking around the shop and put this together. It's the biker bits rack with a drybox I had forgotten about bolted to it. I don't see it as being as tough as the metal ones but it is a decent setup for keeping some items dry or locked up from honest to mostly honest people.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I decided to use "Ceeby" for my 10 km run across Bangkok for work in preference to my small 110cc 22 year old Honda Tena. Got to say that it wasn't quite as good through Bangkok traffic where it is the norm to cut between the lines of cars, though once on the open road I held position on the road where speed limits in the UK would have me losing my license in 2 seconds flat.
All in all Ceeby makes for a pleasant commuting bike in Bangkok, though I think I'll continue to use my smaller bike as dropping the CBR would cause no end of trouble where as a low speed accident on my Tena wouldn't.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
I decided to use "Ceeby" for my 10 km run across Bangkok for work in preference to my small 110cc 22 year old Honda Tena. Got to say that it wasn't quite as good through Bangkok traffic where it is the norm to cut between the lines of cars, though once on the open road I held position on the road where speed limits in the UK would have me losing my license in 2 seconds flat.
All in all Ceeby makes for a pleasant commuting bike in Bangkok, though I think I'll continue to use my smaller bike as dropping the CBR would cause no end of trouble where as a low speed accident on my Tena wouldn't.
How does the CBR handle the heat of Bangkok? Does the temp gauge get above three bars?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't often do anything to my CBR other than ride it, but today I finally put a windscreen on it. At 6'5" (with a long torso), it's surprising I fit the CBR300R at all, but I actually do. The stock windscreen, however, is a tad low. As in "blast of air to the upper torso" low. I've never understood why it was clear, because from my vantage point, all I could see was the edge of the screen, and in bright sun, it didn't shade the instruments. It's really just part of the fairing. Anyway, I bought a Puig Racing Windscreen (Dark Smoke). Recommended, especially for taller riders. First surprise was how much taller than stock it was. Didn't look like a big difference in pics, hence my procrastination. Second surprise was how much difference it made. Cleaner flow, less buffeting, hits my helmet, not below it. Third surprise was that it pretty much got rid of the high-speed fluttering of my jacket's upper arms. When the liner is in it's no problem, but now that it's out, the fit in the biceps is a bit loose (I'm a gibbon, don't judge me). Now? Hardly anything.

Second mod: As previously mentioned, I am a gibbon, hence I have long gangly hands. The stock grips feel like pencils in my hands, and offer no vibration absorption. I have been looking at options, and none have seemed right. Today, I wrapped both grips in Bontrager Gel Cork bicycle handlebar tape (black, but there are lots of colours if you want). Looks better than most of the aftermarket grips I have seen (though it's not perfect) and makes them things grippy and FAT! Perfect. Also, I can barely feel vibes through the grips now. $23 CAD for the tape, and if it gets nasty, I have enough to do it a second time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Got pics of the windscreen, Dan? I'm interested in Dark Smoke or Black. I wonder if I'd be able to see anything through the black screen when I'm fully tucked...Probably better off with smoke. I'm 6'0 and the stock windscreen might as well not exist.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't often do anything to my CBR other than ride it, but today I finally put a windscreen on it. At 6'5" (with a long torso), it's surprising I fit the CBR300R at all, but I actually do. The stock windscreen, however, is a tad low. As in "blast of air to the upper torso" low. I've never understood why it was clear, because from my vantage point, all I could see was the edge of the screen, and in bright sun, it didn't shade the instruments. It's really just part of the fairing. Anyway, I bought a Puig Racing Windscreen (Dark Smoke). Recommended, especially for taller riders. First surprise was how much taller than stock it was. Didn't look like a big difference in pics, hence my procrastination. Second surprise was how much difference it made. Cleaner flow, less buffeting, hits my helmet, not below it. Third surprise was that it pretty much got rid of the high-speed fluttering of my jacket's upper arms. When the liner is in it's no problem, but now that it's out, the fit in the biceps is a bit loose (I'm a gibbon, don't judge me). Now? Hardly anything.
Yeah, the pictures would be great! ;)

PS 6'5" guy here too (34" inseam) and I hear you in regards to how comfortable CBR is for tall guys. I recently checked out Ninja 400 and it didn't feel good at all, very cramped.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Got pics of the windscreen, Dan? I'm interested in Dark Smoke or Black. I wonder if I'd be able to see anything through the black screen when I'm fully tucked...Probably better off with smoke. I'm 6'0 and the stock windscreen might as well not exist.
Yeah, the pictures would be great! ;)

PS 6'5" guy here too (34" inseam) and I hear you in regards to how comfortable CBR is for tall guys. I recently checked out Ninja 400 and it didn't feel good at all, very cramped.
Will post pics tomorrow. I didn't know there was a black option, or I would have bought that. I actually look through, rather than over, this screen, but only if I'm looking a foot in front of the tire. I haven't tucked in behind it, but my gibbon-like build makes that an unlikely (or at least awkward) proposition.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That looks fantastic. I'm ordering one right now. I gotta have the black, though. I won't be able to see through it, but I rarely tuck in anyway. I'm a little too tall and fat to stay tucked for more than a few seconds :(

I wonder if I can find the windscreen screws in black as well.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·

·
Registered
371 Posts
Installed my Dynojet PCFC! Big grin on my face still. I picked up a k&n filter, the full Yoshi exhaust, and the PCFC tuned on a dyno for this set of mods for $280 on eBay. Ran out of light the other day when I threw the exhaust and intake on, so I was running a few days without the fuel controller. It REALLY livened up the bike. Feels great. I should reconnect with the seller to see if he still has a dyno chart. But I will eventually get it on a dyno too, as I'm a curious type. Maybe not before the season ends tho... Quite chilly today, determined I need the option of warmer gloves.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice fall trip in the sunshine. Trees are changing.
I wanted to add a picture, but the stupid website doesn't let me...
This was my last attempt to post more than a few lines of text in this forum.

Please watch it on Facebook.

381 - 400 of 427 Posts