Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
401 - 420 of 427 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Didn't actually do anything to the bike yet as I won't be bringing it home from the dealer until next month.I did however buy it some oil filters,synthetic oil,and a magnetic drain plug.
Always an exciting time awaiting the arrival of a new bike. I'm guessing you'll be waiting on the weather to improve too huh. Are you allowed to ride recreationally under lock down rules?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Always an exciting time awaiting the arrival of a new bike. I'm guessing you'll be waiting on the weather to improve too huh. Are you allowed to ride recreationally under lock down rules?
WHAT? We don't care about no stinking "lock down rules"! We ride free and do as we please! And as you and everybody else can readily see... we're doing a bang-up job handling this Virus. Lock-down rules indeed! The next thing you know, somebody'll try to convince US the lower hemisphere is on a different seasonal schedule than US. :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
WHAT? We don't care about no stinking "lock down rules"! We ride free and do as we please! And as you and everybody else can readily see... we're doing a bang-up job handling this Virus. Lock-down rules indeed! The next thing you know, somebody'll try to convince US the lower hemisphere is on a different seasonal schedule than US. :sneaky:
Yeah sometimes you just have to put your personal rights to one side and look at the big picture. Our Prime Minister often refers to us as the 'team of 5 million' which might sound corny but if it helps provoke some unity then all good.. The results speak for themselves, 26 deaths thus far. It's not all plain sailing here though, currently we have a small out break of three cases because our border is still open to returning Kiwis. Our largest City (Auckland) is in lockdown for three days and the rest of us are in a Level 2 state which means no gatherings of over 100 people. In two weeks time I have two rounds of the National Superbike champs to attend so a nervous wait for me.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
371 Posts
So "winter" would be warm and "summer" would be cold? o_O

·
Registered
371 Posts
Most of the US is in an epic freeze. Ironically, it's merely "cold" in Minnesota and I've been playing with my new car.. Go-fast parts on it because I don't have the motorcycle... 👀

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did start my 300F up this weekend and rode her around the block to get her up to temp. we finally have some decent riding weather around here and I decided i would ride them chronologically by year. My 300 still have 2 to go until it her turn to really go out.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
Nice one, what color did you go for? What are your initial comparison thought apart from the obvious one that the new bike has no fairing haha.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Silver. Handling is so much more relaxed then the CBR so it suits me just fine, age taking it's toll. Just running in and still to adjust gear & brake lever to where I want them and run power from the battery at the front to the underseat area for my heated grips, TomTom, USB etc. Think I'll like it. Still got to put a screen on the front (Puig Touring). After a bit more running in I'll fit the 15T front sprocket.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
How about the engine, any smoother or more power than your old one or much the same? Funny how engines can vary from one bike to the next despite being the same spec.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not used it enough yet. Only brought it back from the Honda dealer yesterday (30 miles) and very windy. Handles nicely. Still on the 14T front so won't really be able to see any difference until I put the 15T on. It's apart in my garage at the moment as I have to adjust levers etc, spray with XTP, and sort out my own electrics. The weather here at present is really foul, very wet and windy so I wouldn't be out on it anyway. I'll post some photos of the changes when they arre finished.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not used it enough yet. Only brought it back from the Honda dealer yesterday (30 miles) and very windy. Handles nicely. Still on the 14T front so won't really be able to see any difference until I put the 15T on. It's apart in my garage at the moment as I have to adjust levers etc, spray with XTP, and sort out my own electrics. T
Congrats on the new bike. It's always nice to be comfortable enough with a bike to replace with a newer version of the same model. Now update your forum "Profile's Signature" to 2016 sold, and add 2020 current bike, so we can keep up with you. ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Finally been out for a ride on the new CB300R. Weather has been lousy but I've had lots of adjustments to make to get it just right and fitting electrical parts for grips, TomTom, DRL and USB. Did about 70 miles today so tyres are just about scrubbed in. Brakes will take longer to bed in. Engine seems to be much more lively than my CBR300R. Not using much power yest as still running in ( done 118 miles now :D) I put the 15T on the front and the gearing is just right now. With the Puig Touring screen there is no wind blast on the body and riding is very comfortable. Must admit I prefer the analogue rev counter as on the CBR. This bike will suit me for a long time. No pain in the neck after todays ride; the CBR was getting too painful to keep riding with my arthritis.
Wheel Tire Helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Nice one. Seems you have set it up nicely to your preference and it looks good in the silver. A bonus that the motor is more punchy. Pity your heading into winter!

401 - 420 of 427 Posts