Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that it would be a good conversation starter to ask "What do you like most about your CBR 300?"

Will be good for prospective customers too who are checking out the forum.

Besides everyone likes to talk about what they like most about their bike. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Id say "the bang for the buck" . The MPG it is what I was shopping for in a commuter bike initially. I looked at the ruckus, then the grom, and ended up with the CBR300r. The styling is just the icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I'm finding it hard to single out any one feature as its such a good allround package. But if I was really pushed I would probably say the price.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What I like most about it?

The "cool factor".

I mean, for the money, the bike brings a lot of coolness to the table that makes you want to ride it at every chance. Supersport styling, lightweight, fuel efficiency, good power (imo), sporty riding characteristics, sounds... All this and more is extremely cool to me, especially when I pull up to a day care, and a small little boy yanks his mommy and drools over my bike... Now that is so COOL! :cool:

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
129 Posts

The "cool factor".

especially when I pull up to a day care, and a small little boy yanks his mommy and drools over my bike... Now that is so COOL! :cool:
Funny you say that... everyday I pass kids and they stop what they're doing to stare at me. the other day at a gas station a little kid rolled down the back Window and yelled at me to start my bike and let him see it ride. His mom told him to shut up. So of course I let 'er rip for him lol. Around kids I feel like a hero. Definitely has "cool" factor. :)

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You just wait till that RR model comes out :cool::cool:

Now how cool will that be??!! :devil:;)
Honda did a great job on the 300. We'll have to see how much of any improvement (if any) with an RR model if they ever decide, haha. You're right though, it should turn out so much cooler. :D

Funny you say that... everyday I pass kids and they stop what they're doing to stare at me. the other day at a gas station a little kid rolled down the back Window and yelled at me to start my bike and let him see it ride. His mom told him to shut up. So of course I let 'er rip for him lol. Around kids I feel like a hero. Definitely has "cool" factor. :)
Those kids are so innocent... They just think of so much coolness involved with a motorcycle... I mean it relates to closest thing they can get on: a bicycle. Now slap a motor on it, and those little angels are in heaven, lol! :laugh:

I can tell that their attention approaches to the bike like a magnet... And their parents have no choice but to give in and pause to let them witness the ultimate toy on two wheels. I make sure to slow down, and then do the boogie dance with the bike to make it an extra special sight. :p

Reactions: SeanyMagic

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The price. This is what separates the CBR3R from everything else, IMO. There are bikes that are lighter, faster, sexier, handle better, look sexier, etc, etc - but I know of no other bike that provides so much enjoyment for AUD5K, brand new, in a reliable package with low running costs.

That's not to say the bike doesn't do anything 'well', because taken as a whole I think it's a very good package. I would single out the brakes for special mention, being the best I've ever used on two wheels in terms of feel combined with more than adequate stopping power.

I still walk into the garage each day and think, "Seriously? Five grand for a brand new bike that rides so well and looks so good?"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its size: I take the bike a lot of places it shouldn't go, simply because it's light, skinny and maneuverable. If I get into a tight spot, it's light enough I can manhandle it out of a jam.

It's well behaved: To me, this is the hallmark of a "starter" bike. Weight and power are secondary. How well does it handle? Does it have any bad habits? The 300 is very balanced, nothing overpowers or comes up short against anything else.

You can see through it: Well the F anyway. Call me old school, I don't trust a bike you can't see through.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Those kids are so innocent... They just think of so much coolness involved with a motorcycle... I mean it relates to closest thing they can get on: a bicycle. Now slap a motor on it, and those little angels are in heaven, lol! :laugh:
Yeah, my kids love my bike. My 7-yr old son asked to get a little razor motorcycle so he could be just like me. I worry about his safety, but then I would feel like I hypocrite if I told him no.

What's also great about kids is that, to them, a motorcycle is a motorcycle. They are are all cool. Then there are the adult douche bags who think you ain't cool unless you have a Gixxxxer.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
firstly its a beautiful motorcycle [all black 300R]..

steering geometry/wheelbase with stock tyre profiles
and light weight make it a delight to set up for
corners - virtually just thinking it -
she turns in so easily at first i thought
there was something amiss...

very nice spread of power thru gears
especially access to 'real' power or torque,
which makes exits from those corners
easy and satisfying..
excellent throttle response helps tap into
her well designed power spread for
effortless destruction of traffic..

longer stroke with attendant balancer etc
give a genuine old style thumper feel
and character, within modern framework of
first press starts and ecu controlled fuel injection..

another worthy wearer of honda wings..

·
Registered
282 Posts

The "cool factor".

I mean, for the money, the bike brings a lot of coolness to the table that makes you want to ride it at every chance. Supersport styling, lightweight, fuel efficiency, good power (imo), sporty riding characteristics, sounds... All this and more is extremely cool to me, especially when I pull up to a day care, and a small little boy yanks his mommy and drools over my bike... Now that is so COOL! :cool:
i trust a true gentleman you refrained from drooling over Mommy?:devil:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Its size: I take the bike a lot of places it shouldn't go, simply because it's light, skinny and maneuverable. If I get into a tight spot, it's light enough I can manhandle it out of a jam.

It's well behaved: To me, this is the hallmark of a "starter" bike. Weight and power are secondary. How well does it handle? Does it have any bad habits? The 300 is very balanced, nothing overpowers or comes up short against anything else.

You can see through it: Well the F anyway. Call me old school, I don't trust a bike you can't see through.
"Old School"?
"Jack"...Sorry if I implemented that you were "old". That was not my intention at all...
crazyjackcsa likes this.

I just can't win!!!!!!!!!(lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts