Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I'd rather stay with an exhaust system which keeps it simple and with no settings or adjustments. This system reminds me of what some of the higher-end performance cars have - they present a setting where it opens up the exhaust valves or what have you in order to control the level of noise. Too gimmicky for me, but if some folks appreciate it, then I'm cool with it.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Need to know more detail before forming an opinion. I'm wondering if the adjustable sound is purely for decibel level or is the style of sound as well? Would be good to see a YouTube clip of it in operation. Possibly cheaply made, esp at that price.
My gut feeling is gimmick on this one. :serious:

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Banned
777 Posts
From the looks of things, you have a dial, a cable, and a valve system under the exhaust.
At worst, the valve system will just open or close the exhaust pipe, muffling the sound a bit.
At best it'll redirect the airflow inside the muffler pot; more or less exhaust going straight to the tip, or to the edges of the pot.

I think it'll only rob performance if the valve is more closed, or the exhaust is more redirected .

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I'd rather stay with an exhaust system which keeps it simple and with no settings or adjustments. This system reminds me of what some of the higher-end performance cars have - they present a setting where it opens up the exhaust valves or what have you in order to control the level of noise. Too gimmicky for me, but if some folks appreciate it, then I'm cool with it.
LOL My new Vette has it. Right after the headers but before the Catalytic Converter it has electronic drop-outs. It is **** loud, way too loud for average street driving. The car has to be turned off, then open up the drop -outs and turn the car back on. The computer automatically adjusts for the difference. It is a definite increase of HP but 'track use only'.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like the exhaust valve is right before the muffler and it seems like a butterfly valve. This would not just change the sound but also the flow. It kinda reminds me of the supertrap exhaust where you can add or reduce disc to change flow and sound. It is pretty good for fine tuning.
Reminded me of a supertrap as well. We ran them a couple times on our single cylinder race cars to meet sound requirements at certain events. Pretty darn effective if you absolutely need to quiet things down. Not sure exactly what the point of this exhaust is though. Way too gimmicky. If you're wanting a louder exhaust/tracking the bike then do it properly or don't do it at all.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the E Bay site the warranty states that it is 30 days.....(WTF!). So I emailed the seller Danmoto and said "Really? Only 30 days"!

Seller wrote back and stated to check Danmoto Global website so I did. Warranty on that website for exhaust states 6 months.....so no go for me. IMHO 6 months is SFA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts