Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread discussing everyone's riding gear. What do you currently wear while riding? What would you like to wear while riding?

I am looking into getting a pair of riding jeans. Its been hard to find a pair that I really like though. I want something well fitted with motorcycle knee pads on them. Nothing overly stylized either.

Anyone know a good brand?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not sure about the riding jeans, but I generally wear all leather when riding. It becomes an issue at the height of the summer but being in Canada most of the time it is nice to be warm in leathers. Currently looking to buy a new helmet though. No leads as of yet. I just find my current one is starting to look old.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I wear leather riding apparel...

ALPINESTARS SP-1 JACKET (Blue)

ALPINESTARS APEX LEATHER PANTS

ALPINESTARS A-10 LEATHER/TEXTILE PANTS (for warmer weather riding)

ALPINESTARS SP-2 LEATHER GLOVES

ALPINESTARS SMX-5 VENTED BOOTS

All of this riding gear I was able to find on closeout deals, from various online suppliers.

Reactions: MiamiVice22

·
Registered
22 Posts
helmet

jacket

Boots very old set 13 years old and still going well

gloves

trousers

People do take the piss out of my trousers, but they are 100% waterproof so far ;) and very comfortable

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
insert this picture here
This is a great picture to show the need for proper riding gear.

Looks like most people are going for full leather mostly. I can't get over those red camo riding pants. They look like fun but I'm not sure I would want to ride with them everyday. They certainly make a statement.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
My gear line up

In the market for a mesh jacket to help deal with the heat this summer. Not sure what i am going for just yet but will keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't convince myself to buy riding gear for the summer months. And by that I mean something made of more lightweight fabrics. I just always think about the coming Fall and winter and can't bring myself to spend the money. Are there any cheaper jackets or pants that are good for summer riding?

·
Registered
528 Posts
they have textile ones that are nice to wear in the summer that aren't too expensive

riding jeans. boots that are vented.

isn't summer the best time to ride? why not invest in summer.

·
Registered
707 Posts
thats what i always thought, i have a car and bike so my money goes towards gear that helps riding in warm or even hot weather. if it gets too cold me me to ride, i drive

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I can't convince myself to buy riding gear for the summer months. And by that I mean something made of more lightweight fabrics. I just always think about the coming Fall and winter and can't bring myself to spend the money. Are there any cheaper jackets or pants that are good for summer riding?
Just keep in mind that you get what you paid for. Look at it as safety equipment which it is. You don't want to cheap out on a gear when you suddenly need it most. regardless of the hot weather sometimes the best is to wear vented leather for precaution. This season I plan on getting a mesh jacket for the peak summer heat.

For decent gear that ain't going to break the pocket too much you might want to look in to Joe Rocket and ICON. But there ain't cheap kevlar jeans.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm interested in riding jeans as well. I'm looking at Deth Jeans, bout $270 a pair. Although its a little pricey pill to swallow when you consider they would be used only sparingly. From what I've heard they're still not very durable to abrasion, more so than pure denim, but still...

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I'm interested in riding jeans as well. I'm looking at Deth Jeans, bout $270 a pair. Although its a little pricey pill to swallow when you consider they would be used only sparingly. From what I've heard they're still not very durable to abrasion, more so than pure denim, but still...
Yeah I know what you mean.

check this out

Not sure if i can believe it but hey...

·
Registered
528 Posts
kevlar jeans are better than nothing but they dont beat a quality leather piece.

my only complaint is how loose and baggy most of the rider jeans are.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I can't believe they actually tested it like this, test number 2 was epic. They could have at least used a dummy with the same weight as an average rider.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
kevlar jeans are better than nothing but they dont beat a quality leather piece.

my only complaint is how loose and baggy most of the rider jeans are.
That seems to be everyones complaint about riding jeans in gerenal. I wouldn't want a slim fit pair of jeans though for proper movement.

I can't believe they actually tested it like this, test number 2 was epic. They could have at least used a dummy with the same weight as an average rider.
I guess they just wanted to show how much they stand behind their product. But this is nothing unusual for the stunt guys. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
When it comes to fit, snug fitting apparel offers better protection than loose fitting gear. And textile fabrics will never provide the level of protection from road rash that leather does.

Leather riding gear costs more, but it is an investment in safety & protection. Even the most expensive leathers cost a fraction of what a hospital emergency room charges to treat road rash... not to mention that having road rash scrubbed from your skin is not a very pleasant experience.

Reactions: King CobRa
1 - 20 of 113 Posts