Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Big fan of the RST stuff here. Don't have much but the items I do own are great, and other items I've looked at are really impressive.

My current gear: HJC RPHA-10 helmet, RST Armed High Protection Jacket, RST Gloves, Alpinestars SMX 1 Boots, RST Stealth Knee Guards under my jeans.

Didn't invest too heavily right off since I was on a budget but didn't want to go without riding back and forth to work. Starting to shop around and upgrade the majority of my gear one piece at a time. Just ordered some Alpinestars SMX Plus Vented Boots at a good price to replace the SMX-1's. The Plus may be a little much for general riding, but I've rolled my ankle enough times throughout my life that beefy protection will be very comforting even if I do look goofy with my pants tucked into them lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Ive got the RST track tech boots which offer good protection and are also water proof as a bonus. Ive tested that feature :D

tractech-evo-boot-black-wp-1.jpg

And the RST Pro series gloves which again have good protection but also comfortable as the palm area is made from Kangaroo skin leather!

PogoGloves_001.jpg

So I recommend both these RST products if anyone is in the market for some good gear at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I strongly believe in wearing full gear....dont wanna be a squid but I've been thinking on buying an armored vest. not sure how I feel on my elbows being exposed though. What's your opinions on vests?
Not big on the vests. don't see how they can help if help is needed. I mainly see riders wearing vests over their t-shirts and I just don't get that.
I don't think vests are that practical for street riding as much as they are dirt riding. Falling in dirt or sand or mud is WAY more forgiving...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I ended up getting this jacket and then the Dainese Leguna EVO perforated in white. Both great jackets!
I ended up in the black/grey colour of the Laguna Evo. I LOVE the white but didn't want to have to clean it, bad enough I got the white gloves to clean.

Send a photo of jacket being worn if you have one please

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Not big on the vests. don't see how they can help if help is needed. I mainly see riders wearing vests over their t-shirts and I just don't get that.
I don't think vests are that practical for street riding as much as they are dirt riding. Falling in dirt or sand or mud is WAY more forgiving...
Agreed, my jacket has elbow and shoulder/upper arm armor and I like that feeling of protection. I've already had one busted shoulder, they are real slow to heal and can put you off work for months with loss of income and no riding.
Not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Agreed, my jacket has elbow and shoulder/upper arm armor and I like that feeling of protection. I've already had one busted shoulder, they are real slow to heal and can put you off work for months with loss of income and no riding.
Not worth it IMO.
This article from motorbikewriter is worth a read.
Motorcycle gear fails abrasion tests

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's it, thanks.
It'd be great to find out the names of the 2 out of the 10 that the article mentions as better quality gear.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
True but it doesn't look like they will on 'ethical' grounds. I would have thought surely peoples safety would come before ethics?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
all you need do is watch motogp/2/3 including practice
and qualifying sessions [free torrent downloads]
to observe motorcyclists testing their gear..

these excellent riders can generally make the best of an off,
but not always, and there will typically be abrasion at least..

its like [say] jumping out of a plane at altitude
which would no doubt be better next to naked
and without that pesky parachute and reserve
strapped to your back, which statistically
are hardly every used..

the only real context of course being
when you hit the ground..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Twisties is work boots, draggin jeans, dririder jacket and mechanics gloves
Work commute is work boots, jeans, long sleeve hi vis shirt - gloves in winter and hi vis jacket
trips into town or to the shops i just ride squid

81 - 100 of 114 Posts