Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As this is a world wide forum that being members from around the globe I was wondering if it is the same bunch of things that pisses us all off?
Please would you indulge me by stating what pisses you off about riding and what you would like to do about it if you could.
For example; the cost of riding, other road users, the state of the roads, other peoples attitude towards riders Etc Etc.:angel::angel
Also forgot to say but what things would you do to your bike (Fantasy mind) to get a little payback when some one pisses you off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My pi$$ off is people that don't even ride that enjoy bashing our bikes IE "it's no Harley" "it's only a 300cc, that's weak!" oh and "that little thing couldn't even beat a Hyundai Accent". If I wanted a Harley I'd get one... I think hogs are ugly, and I bet our "little" 300's would whoop those little cars butts! if you don't ride, then keep your opinion to yourself A$$$HOLES! Be jealous.

Reactions: autopilot

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My pi$$ off is people that don't even ride that enjoy bashing our bikes IE "it's no Harley" "it's only a 300cc, that's weak!" oh and "that little thing couldn't even beat a Hyundai Accent". If I wanted a Harley I'd get one... I think hogs are ugly, and I bet our "little" 300's would whoop those little cars butts! if you don't ride, then keep your opinion to yourself A$$$HOLES! Be jealous.
The problem here my friend is that the criticisms come from those who know nothing.
to help you deal with such here is a quote to mull over when dealing with A holes.
"There are those that know and those that don't. Those that don't know don't matter!"
up the rebels yeehaa!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
71 Posts
People that literally almost kill you then just do a little wave when they realize you're there and drive off like nothing happened. Had a woman pin me between a curb and her minivan then did that. Sucks not being able to retaliate like I can in my car.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
When your leaving a safety gap between you and the 'mobile accident waiting to happen' in front and some dick passes and fills the gap because they think your a slow rider. :mad:

Generally in my neck of the woods it's an Asian tourist in a rental car that does it. I'm not Asian bashing here, just tellin it how it happens out there.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What pisses me off?

* When I pull into my 6 year old's elementary school with my bike and the other parents / members look at me like I'm irresponsible, wild, immature, a negative image / role model, a careless parent / individual. I'm not 100% sure if this is the accurate message, but I honestly do get this good feeling from the way they look and observe.

* When a certain individual finds out that I'm a rider, and they categorize me similarly to above mentioned details.

* When someone finds out that I ride a sport bike (will get into supersport eventually anyway), and they label me as riding a "crotch rocket" - which is a $hit term, IMO. Also, they think that I'm one of those "midnight racers" going down the highway, and they bring this up too.

* When I head to the bank with the bike and go inside with my backpack to make a deposit, they look at me in THAT negative "bad guy" type of way. Same with any store as well. I don't feel like leaving my backpack hanging outside on my bike, and I'd rather take my belongings with me on my back.

Thank you for the opportunity to post these specific details. I feel slightly better now. :D

*** EDIT - I should mention that the positives most definitely outweigh the negatives, and I will not back away from my passion to ride for any reason whatsoever. Riding has become a part of me, and it defines my individual freedom.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Hypocrisy is my pet hate. I have no problem with people preaching whatever they want - religious beliefs, tolerance, climate change, political values, economic prudence, whatever - but I get a tad wound up when aforementioned preacher is expecting me to follow a rule that he/she clearly doesn't.

Probably the worst of these is unfortunately common these days, and usually working in film or music - those rich celebrities who warn me that profligacy is going to kill the planet, while they swig champagne on their 100ft yacht and rack up millions of air miles in First Class, flying between their three mansions. :mad:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh.... and the fact that I waited till I was almost 30 to buy my first bike, then according to some people said I was having an early mid-life crisis. That still annoys me. There were many reasons why I waited. My whole life I wanted to ride but never went for it...then when I finally took it serious and got my license and bike, then I got ripped on. it was a lose lose but look who's winning now lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:kiss:A big up to all the responders so far!!!!!!!!!!!!
I too hate the "I've nearly killed you but thanks for getting out of my way" brigade. Like I had a choice. I had one guy do the same during the winter on a very wet early morning. i was on my MP3 on a dual carriage way that narrows from the right.
So Knob head over takes Im leaving a good breaking distance from the car in front. he cuts in. So I give it the horn and the finger of rebuke. I'm pissed! So next set of lights I go along side and begin to explain my displeasure at his manoeuvre. This continues for several sets of lights as it would appear he thinks its Ok and that my protestation is irrelevant.
Till finally he drops the ultimate line "I ride a bike so I know what I'm talking about" bollocks!
My thought was "So WTF is it? Why aren't you riding it now MOFO! Oh yes its cold and wet you wanker.
So I give it "If I were on duty this conversation would be so much different" he replys in a sarcastic tone "So are you a police officer then?" "NO" says I "I'm A head chef and right about now I would have a meat cleaver in my hand you C()NT!:devil::devil:
Keep the stuff coming guys.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Wow! This thread is fast proving to be a good avenue for downloading a whole lot of bad sh1t thats been festering inside of our helmets.
There's therapists losing business here :laugh:

So far we've established that non motorcyclists think Harleys are the only cool bike, potential murderers are actually quite decent people who wave to you, walking into a bank with a backpack won't help you get a loan, hypocrites work in film and music, and if you didn't do it before 30 then your having a breakdown if your doing it now. Oh and a gap in traffic is like a red rag to a bull if your a Chinese tourist in a rental car.

Always surprising what you can learn here... :D

Late edit: Avoid chefs with meat cleavers in hand!!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
How about getting flagged down and stopped by some "concerned" driver or pedestrian once a week, just to let you know that "one of your headlights is out"
Now this made me laugh...I had a CBR 125R (2008) and that used to happen to me quite often;)

In fact on the Canadian CBR 125 R Forum site it was explained how to keep BOTH lights on.. I wonder if a easy mod could be done for the 300R??

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Wow! This thread is fast proving to be a good avenue for downloading a whole lot of bad sh1t thats been festering inside of our helmets.

So far we've established that non motorcyclists think Harleys are the only cool bike, potential murderers are actually quite decent people who wave to you, walking into a bank with a backpack won't help you get a loan, hypocrites work in film and music, and if you didn't do it before 30 then your having a breakdown if your doing it now. Oh and a gap in traffic is like a red rag to a bull if your a Chinese tourist in a rental car.

I think @autopilot will get the nomination (and award) for posting up the most interesting thread and topic of the year! ;)

How about getting flagged down and stopped by some "concerned" driver or pedestrian once a week, just to let you know that "one of your headlights is out"
LoL, my wife actually flagged me down the other day for that reason... :p

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quite possibly the funniest breakdown of a thread I've ever read. Lmao thanks for that KiwiRider

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is awesome so far!
As of right now I hate it when a cager flys into an intersection and waits until the last second to hit their breaks at a red light or stop sign. (Or when they roll up WAYYY too far, where you don't know if they are going to take off or not.) Causing me to do the OMG I'm going to die swerve, followed by death glare.

Also texting and driving. Screw those people.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
This is awesome so far!
As of right now I hate it when a cager flys into an intersection and waits until the last second to hit their breaks at a red light or stop sign.......
What? Don't you look beyond the vehicle in front of you? :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
What? Don't you look beyond the vehicle in front of you? :eek:
I think he's referring to cars approaching on a side street to the intersection he's traveling through, so his brakes are covered and he's ready to stop or swerve as necessary if they pull out. In this situation i just like to slow right down and crawl past them. The only safe thing to do, and has the bonus effect of making them wait a bit longer. Patience, cager grasshopper.

Edit: Guess I'll have to add my personal PO. No others involved in mine. I hate it when I try to shift up to 4th and miss. It wouldn't be so bad if the roaring engine and loss of speed didn't give me away. Such a noob, as my kids would say.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts