Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that mine is more comfortable cruising in the 5-6K range. However, in order to have some power available I usually have to keep it around 7-8K.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I cruise in the 4-5K range. Although above 45MPH, I'm stuck going above that range

I'm new to motorcycle riding, so perhaps the 6K redline on my cage has kept me conservative

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Ive changed my gearing so that when I'm cruising at the 100 kph speed limit (62 mph) I'm only pulling 5800 rpm which feels more relaxed.
I dont think the 300R motor is as naturally free revving as the 250R motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kiwi rider, what spocket changes did you do to achieve 5800 rpm at 100km/h? Have you checked your speedo is accuate? I believe I read on here somewhere that you had put on a 15 tooth front sprocket, can you give me the manufacturer and part number if that sprocket as I can not get one so far in Australia.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Kiwi rider, what spocket changes did you do to achieve 5800 rpm at 100km/h? Have you checked your speedo is accuate? I believe I read on here somewhere that you had put on a 15 tooth front sprocket, can you give me the manufacturer and part number if that sprocket as I can not get one so far in Australia.
Hi Joe, I first changed the front to 15T then changed the rear to 34T (standard is 36T) just to lower the revs a bit more. I am a lightweight tho.
So do the front first and see how you feel.

Your possibly having trouble sourcing a sprocket if you are asking for one for a CBR300. I usually ask for CBR250 products as they have the same running gear and are more commonly available. The 15T front sprocket is a common as pig $hit in australasia as its the same one as they use on the XR250's.
However.... if your still having trouble sourcing one I have included a link to the outfit I got mine from in NZ. They freight to Oz as well.

Honda CBR250R (2013) parts, from Motozone | NZ?s Leading Motorcycle Online Store

Scroll down to Power Transmission > sprocket - front - alternative gearing. Its the bottom one on the list of three, product # SPF206715C. This is a NZ made sprocket. Make sure you change the box at the top of the page to AUD first. Good outfit to deal with. All the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cool. I thought you must have changed more to achieve the lower revs.. would you believe that I also have an XR 250 so might have a sproket laying around to check. Thanks for the help. Honda dealers here said that the cbr250 was different as it had a different part number. I think from what you have told me I should be able to sort it from here.

cheers

kiwi

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Yeah its amazing how little some of the dealers know about basic stuff. I couldn't source a smaller sprocket for the rear locally tho, but I could get bigger (38T 40T etc) so I got one from the states.
I've also got an '04 XR250, must be one of the most common trail bikes down under, and for good reason.
Ive had a couple of XR200's as well, got a good run out of all of them, hard to beat Hondas for reliability.

·
Registered
149 Posts
On city streets I will usually do a conservative 4-5k rpm, but on the freeway I'll be in the 7-8k range at about 65-75 mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts