Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally NOWHERE is it written what tires this motorcycle comes with from the factory. Endless Google's just keep bringing up tire size. INFURIATING. What tires does it have? Or does it depend on where you buy it?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Go check your bike? :LOL:

IRC RX01 Road Winners is what I've seen over a wide variety of years. No guarantee if the newest (last year or two) model years are the same.

edit: They're perfectly serviceable, suboptimal OE tires.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't have a 2020 CBR300R, but per the Honda Owners Manual.. Suggested tire is:
IRC RX01 .. tubeless, bias-ply.
You can go to Honda Motorsport website and download an owners manual in PDF form. That's where I got this info.
Fill in the data and scroll in the manual to page 128, Service Data Specifications

2020 CBR300R/RA Owner's Manual (honda.com)

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
Literally NOWHERE is it written what tires this motorcycle comes with from the factory. Endless Google's just keep bringing up tire size. INFURIATING. What tires does it have? Or does it depend on where you buy it?
Not true, in one 30 second google search I was able to easily find this info:

You should see someone about your blood pressure.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm guessing you sat around that table more often than most of us... ;)
I can't help with anyone's blood pressure, but I actually have these tires on my GSX250R.. I like them well enough I'm considering staying with their bias-ply sisters (RX-02) when I replace them. They suit my riding style and wallet. Not bad tires for the class bikes they're on. That said... OEM tires are the easiest up-grad mod available for almost any motorcycle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I understand the need for cheaper tyres and long life that many want, but I really don't like the IRC RX01. I find them hard, giving a less confortable ride and certainly not a sticky tyre. I wish they would compromise slightly more in favour of stickiness, with something like the, still cheap, IRC S99 that I now have on mine. Those are still cheap bias ply, pretty long lasting, pretty grippy - overall a far preferable compromise imho.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
I settled on the Michelin Pilot street radials as they were a slight upgrade on stock IRC's but still not an expensive tyre and gave good mileage. I dint have any real moments with the IRC's and I wore out two full sets of them from new on the 250R and 300R. I'd call them decent.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I settled on the Michelin Pilot street radials as they were a slight upgrade on stock IRC's but still not an expensive tyre and gave good mileage. I dint have any real moments with the IRC's and I wore out two full sets of them from new on the 250R and 300R. I'd call them decent.
My biggest objection to them is that they make for an uncomfortable ride. On my Z300 they made it into a bone shaker, whereas the IRC IZ-003s that I replaced them with made it much more forgiving (and massively more grippy). On the CB300F with its more compliant suspension I must admit that the comfort issue is less of a problem though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go check your bike? :LOL:

IRC RX01 Road Winners is what I've seen over a wide variety of years. No guarantee if the newest (last year or two) model years are the same.

edit: They're perfectly serviceable, suboptimal OE tires.
Well as I don't have access to the bike I can't really check it, hence why I'm asking here. So odds are newer models would have the RX02?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That site did not show up for me, only a bunch of useless reviews all copy pasted from each other.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well as I don't have access to the bike I can't really check it, hence why I'm asking here. So odds are newer models would have the RX02?
Per the manual airhead posted, the new bikes still have the RX01.

·
Registered
2019 CBR300R (Black/Red)
27 Posts
Well while we are all talking. Whats the average life of the stock tires? Im at 4.5K and trying to squeeze every mile I can get out of em before buying new ones.
Also, anyone for any suggestions on cheapest/longest life tires? Or should I just stick with stock?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I changed the stockers on my 2015 in spring of 2019 at probably 6-7k miles, not sure exactly. :sneaky: They were very squared off by that point.

I went with Shinko 006s, which are very economical (unsure of life, sold bike) and available in a 150/60 in the rear. I would always suggest trying new tires since original equipment is never optimal.

tire3.png

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
19 Posts
My 2017 Honda CB300FA
Front = IRC RX-01FD Road Winner 110/70-17M/C 54S, bias-ply tubeless
Rear = IRC RX-01RZ Road Winner 140/70-17M/C 66S, bias-ply tubeless

·
Registered
78 Posts
I changed the stockers on my 2015 in spring of 2019 at probably 6-7k miles, not sure exactly. :sneaky: They were very squared off by that point.
That seems very low mileage to me for the Roadwinner tyres on a bike that hardly has the power to go ripping the tread off! I've had them on two secondhand bikes and changed them just because I don't like them, so can't assess final mileage, but one (a Z300) had 13k kms (8k miles) with tyres that looked fit for many thousands to come. I would expect 12k miles + from them, unless they are just ridden upright on highways and squared off.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The rear was both squared off and cracking in the tread lines. Figure the bike was assembled in 2014 or 2015, they were 4-5 years old by that point and due for a change. shrug

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
That seems very low mileage to me for the Roadwinner tyres on a bike that hardly has the power to go ripping the tread off! I've had them on two secondhand bikes and changed them just because I don't like them, so can't assess final mileage, but one (a Z300) had 13k kms (8k miles) with tyres that looked fit for many thousands to come. I would expect 12k miles + from them, unless they are just ridden upright on highways and squared off.
I only got 8k miles out of the back of my IRC rear and there was canvas showing. 😌 Really depends how ya ride it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I only got 8k miles out of the back of my IRC rear and there was canvas showing. 😌 Really depends how ya ride it.
Yeah I got about 12k km's on mine which is about 8k miles. No canvas showing but I just knew it was time. Replaced with ContiAttack SM Evo's. I don't regret the SM Evo's because they're amazing tires but I feel like I don't even use them to like 50% of their potential. I kind of like the idea of putting TrailAttack2's or 3's on the CBR but that would also be a waste for a different reason.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6000kms on my (sold today) 300 ninja and could have make the double.
Also tested on the 250.
And now on my new 300
When humid, have to be care, especially on bad roads. That's clear they not perform as these recent radial tyres with much more silica and carbone. They slide too early, that's clear.
From the weather is dry, they are very very correct and can go in confidence.
Exactly the same reaction than the OEM dunlop d222 mounted on CBR650 or others, with a big différence: 60 kg and 60 hp more!
I changed them quickly 🥵

So it's not a question of Name, only a question of specs the buyers ask.
I well know another Dunlop, the roadsmart ( 1,2 and 3 series)...it sticks on wet as on dry, according you drive not nervous.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts