Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I read the posts on this forum, I see all forms of love for these “300cc" bikes. For some it is the simplicity of the technology, or their reliability, the fun of riding them, their light weight, affordability, looks...

I’ve invested a lifetime of riding on 2 wheels, from the ones I once pedaled, to the ones I had to hang-on-for-dear-life not to fall off and be left behind. Out of ALL of them, this CBR300R has been by far the one I have come to enjoy the most.

For me, at my age with a body full of battle scars, it is all about the weight, or lack there of. The effortless way in which a bike can accelerate and brake while turning, when the total mass (wet bike and me on it) is kept at 500lbs or less, is a sweet spot I have not been able to replicate on heavier bikes.

What do you guys like best about yours???

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like that it generally did everything I ever asked of it as far as being affordable, handled & stopped well, being mostly comfortable, having good range (200 miles on a tank if I did my part). The only issue I ever really had was a lack of power when I would run the interstate home to save time, instead of the back roads that got me where ever I was.

Now its a project bike for me, so even more fun there. I plan to make a drop cage for it and set up some cones to make the tight track similar to the circus/ rodeos officers run.

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
+1 for the fuel range. I got 405km (250miles) out of a tank once on tour with a tail wind.
The light weight and flickability is probably its best feature. The bike is very neutral handling and has no bad vices, you can ride it to the limit of trye adhesion quite comfortably in the right circumstances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts