Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen a few videos here and there on you tube. most show someone half way around the world clocking 100+ mph on their crb300r. I converted from kph to mph.

Thought I would ask what is your top speed?

my girl's stock bike with her, 95 mph and she is only 107 lbs
me and my girl on a stock bike, 89 mph, total we are 267 lbs.
me on my dynode bike, 96 at 160 lbs.

I know, it is not about speed, going fast, who has the fastest bike, blah, blah, blah. obviously we didn't by the bikes to lay rubber and haul butt. we love our bikes for what they are, fun.

I just thought I would see how many brave, lol, wild and crazy souls out there are maxing out.

we did all of our crotch rocket riding tucked in and in 6th gear.

thanks

kool-aide

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Haven't tried to top out yet... Heck, the fastest I've been is about 70 mph. I'm a scaredy-cat. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Great thread topic! I love gettin a bit wild n' crazy every now and then as long as the road conditions are right and the police aren't lookin!

My 250R loved to rev and I regularly maxed it out. Best I saw was 100 neat one day with a bit of tail wind assistance if I was honest:D

Ive been waiting to get a few more miles up on the 300 to get the motor loosened up a bit before winding it right out but I did see 96 @900RPM recently.
Ive geared it up significantly so there is potential there to see a high number! Will keep you posted.

I weigh 130lb and those speeds quoted are GPS confirmed, not what the speedo said!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
How accurate are you finding the CB300 speed odometer to be? My Bonneville was 10% optimistic - a 60 mph reading was 54 mph actual and my GSX650F was 5% on the high side.

I'm hoping the CBR300 matches the CB1100 which is spot on as measured by radar and by GPS and verified by numerous 1100 owners.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got my 300R up to about 82-85 on an open back road during my last ride of the season. I had just gone over 400 miles on her and I felt like I owed her a good ride before put her up for the winter (sad days for me now, fellas). But I definitely felt like there was more power to tap into... so now I look fwd to the spring here! (crap, that's a ways away..)

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
How accurate are you finding the CB300 speed odometer to be?
Mine was 10% out (reading too high) but there seems to be some variance between the Australasain and US models (in MPH) and maybe even UK/European models as well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine was 10% out (reading too high) but there seems to be some variance between the Australasain and US models (in MPH) and maybe even UK/European models as well.
I think over reading by 10% is quite common. A Policeman once told me that if your speedometer is under reading, then it is faulty.

When I put my CBR on the road I might connect a satnav too it and will be able to let you know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't tried to top out yet... Heck, the fastest I've been is about 70 mph. I'm a scaredy-cat. :laugh:
I am with you. above 80 I start to get nervous. on the highway I am about 72-75, 80 when I want to get around someone.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my 300R up to about 82-85 on an open back road during my last ride of the season. I had just gone over 400 miles on her and I felt like I owed her a good ride before put her up for the winter (sad days for me now, fellas). But I definitely felt like there was more power to tap into... so now I look fwd to the spring here! (crap, that's a ways away..)
sorry to hear...lol...I don't do cold weather riding, not even FL cold. Lucky me our cold weather last like three days, :), but our rainy weather can last 3 weeks times.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I am with you. above 80 I start to get nervous. on the highway I am about 72-75, 80 when I want to get around someone.
Yesterday, first time I've cracked 80 mph while getting on a 70 mph on ramp. Felt good since I've built some more confidence since the last time. May do a brief top speed run much later down the road when I'm up to it and when no one's looking... :angel:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cb300f flat roads. Me at 185 lbs 91 mph. Never hit redline tho. Was teetering between 90-91 for about 10 minutes

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Cb300f flat roads. Me at 185 lbs 91 mph. Never hit redline tho. Was teetering between 90-91 for about 10 minutes
Just curious whether your running standard gearing or not?
I'm heading off on a two week motorcycle tour with a couple of buddies soon. When I come back I should have close to 5K on the clock and a looser engine. I'll get the GPS out and do another top speed run. Wanna see at least a hundred!

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
My 2012 CBR250R with a 13T front sprocket (stock rear), and an FMF Apex CF slip-on has topped out at a true and consistant 90 MPH (speedometer is corrected w/ a Speedo DRD) at 80F* on a flat & level road at 6800 ft. above sea level.

* Ambient temp is a significant factor when it comes to peak engine performance. A colder intake air temp like 40 - 50F will produce HP closer to an engine's maximum potential power, as compared to higher air temps like 80F.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
My 2012 CBR250R with a 13T front sprocket (stock rear), and an FMF Apex CF slip-on has topped out at a true and consistant 90 MPH (speedometer is corrected w/ a Speedo DRD) at 80F* on a flat & level road at 6800 ft. above sea level.

* Ambient temp is a significant factor when it comes to peak engine performance. A colder intake air temp like 40 - 50F will produce HP closer to an engine's maximum potential power, as compared to higher air temps like 80F.
Have taken note of that, will do an early morning run before it gets hot.

What revs were you pulling at 90MPH?

I saw 100MPH neat once on my 250R with a tail wind but otherwise 92 - 95 was usually top whack with 15T sprocket and slip on. May have got better result with 14T sprocket but then peak power on the 250 is at 8500RPM from memory so maybe not?

*130lb rider weight and GPS checked.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with Moto Mike. I forgot to consider that. Here we get hot and humid weather most of the year. we don't see top engine performance on any thing. suckin up all that hot wet air, ugh....

·
Registered
447 Posts
My CB300F is stock. I haven't been able to get it over 87 mph. I think that's about top speed. I might be able to squeeze a couple more mph out of it if I had a very long road. It just keeps bouncing between 86 and 87 mph. The revs are at 9100. The bike feels nice and stable at that speed though. I ride a lot at an indicated 80 mph on the freeway though. The bike seems to like that and it accelerates to 80 mph fairly fast.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree AJ Nin, the 300r has no problem getting into the 70s and hitting 80. it is after 80 that everything slows down and you find yourself needs a very long stretch of road. I feel our bikes handle the 70s very well. I know I am very comfortable between 70 and 75. I am impressed for a bike this size and weight. my v-star 650 custom weighed in at 525. I topped it out at 95 riding two up. I loved cruising it on the highway at 80. I can say the lil Hondas are every bit as nice on the highway. I just wish we could get someone making a double bubble windscreen. I need just a touch more deflection.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I agree with Moto Mike. I forgot to consider that. Here we get hot and humid weather most of the year. we don't see top engine performance on any thing. suckin up all that hot wet air, ugh....
Sounds nice, where do you live?

1 - 20 of 331 Posts