Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be curious to know what sort of warranties Honda is offering on the CB/R 300's globally.

Here in New Zealand Honda offers a 24 month warranty on any new road going motorcycle that is greater than 250cc. So our bikes just qualify at 286cc.

250cc and less only get 12 months warranty.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine came with a 12 month warranty, with a option to extend it to 3 at extra cost (you decide the day the 12 month one expires). I don't remember what the cost was but have it written down somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Would be curious to know what sort of warranties Honda is offering on the CB/R 300's globally.

Here in New Zealand Honda offers a 24 month warranty on any new road going motorcycle that is greater than 250cc. So our bikes just qualify at 286cc.

kiwi, didn't your CBR250R come with a 24 month warranty? Pretty sure the guys over in Oz got 24 months with their CBR250R's as well... figured NZ would be the same.

Here in the US, we get 12 months of factory warranty on all street legal Honda bikes. Some of the non-competition Off Road models (non street legal) come with 6 month warranties.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kiwi, didn't your CBR250R come with a 24 month warranty? Pretty sure the guys over in Oz got 24 months with their CBR250R's as well... figured NZ would be the same.
Ive lost my old paper work but I remember the dealer saying how I would get 24 months because it was bigger than a 250. Yeah I could be wrong... ha

Oh yeah and sorry for posting in wrong forum area :(

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I believe mine is 24 months as well.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I believe mine is 24 months as well.
You're mistaken... 12 months factory warranty is standard for Honda motorcycles sold in the United States*.

* I know there has been talk about Texas wanting to secede from the rest of the country, but AFAIK that hasn't happened yet. :laugh:

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

It would be nice if here in Canada we got a 24 month warranty,,,but we get just 12 months with the option to purchase more if needed.

To bad that Honda Warranties were not the same globally as per different models....:(

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You're mistaken... 12 months factory warranty is standard for Honda motorcycles sold in the United States*.

* I know there has been talk about Texas wanting to secede from the rest of the country, but AFAIK that hasn't happened yet. :laugh:
I suppose I meant:

"If I'm not mistaken, I wish mine was 24 months as well."

Ha! :laugh:

·
Registered
447 Posts
The manufacturer's warranty is 1 year for all the US far as I know. That's true of all the Japanese bikes. Lots of other manufacturers do have 2-year warranties here in the US though. My Triumph, Zero, and Vespa all had 2-year warranties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts