Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see if I can have vinyl tank stickers made in the bronze wheel color. Is there a code somewhere in the VIN which tells me this? My bike has the blue tank cover color.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Honda shows two difference colors for the 2020- 2021 wheels I think the correct bronze is NH 303M mat the other color listed is YR325M pyrite that is a wheel color and rear sprocket flange color but the flange is darker than the wheels

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks motorboy. I don't see any vinyl shops in my area looking through the phone book so I may have to go by the bike shop and see if they know of one. Being able to remove the plastic tank cover might be a big advantage to this project.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks motorboy. I don't see any vinyl shops in my area looking through the phone book so I may have to go by the bike shop and see if they know of one. Being able to remove the plastic tank cover might be a big advantage to this project.
Contact Color Rite they should have that color paint

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jumped on the color rite site and they did not recognize the YR325M part number but did show the NH303M color. However they described it as a Gray? I ordered the smallest unit anyway so we'll see what it really is soon(I hope). I did find a vinyl shop in my area on the web so I'm going to track them down and see if they can offer something like what I want.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Jumped on the color rite site and they did not recognize the YR325M part number but did show the NH303M color. However they described it as a Gray? I ordered the smallest unit anyway so we'll see what it really is soon(I hope). I did find a vinyl shop in my area on the web so I'm going to track them down and see if they can offer something like what I want.
See if you can cancel the paint because that color is mat gray-the info I provided is from Honda guess they printed the wrong info so I guess the YR325M is the right color-anyway take your bike to a high end body shop or automotive paint store they should have a device when put next to any color will display a code of color

·
Registered
326 Posts
Did a Google search it seems the YR325M is called Pyrite Brown and is available from many sources-but I still think that is the sprocket flange color because it's a different color than the wheel and is brown-might have to call Honda customer service to get the true color code being the part diagram is wrong

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks motorboy. I've found a vinyl shop not too far away and one day I'll ride the bike by to see if they can match the wheel color and apply that color to the tank and side panels. I like the mono color appearance. I have a question about the removal process too. If you need to apply heat to the vinyl will it deform these plastic pieces?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good question it just might melt the plastic but if it would the plastic panels are not that expensive

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received the NH303M the other day. I promptly removed it from the packaging, shook it up strenuously and applied a small dab to the muffler guard since that piece is a matt gray/black color. The dab of the NH303M is more a dark black semi gloss than a gray and really stands out against the oem finish. I'm having problems transferring photos from my camera to the computer or I would attach a picture for you to see. I still intend to stop by the local vinyl shop to query them about matching the wheel color in vinyl and covering the tank. Also I will ask about the removal process and the chance of damaging the plastic panels if removal is desired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts