Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas to mount my helmet cam on my bike. Any of you creative types found a safe place to mount your GoPro or similar cameras directly on the bike? I know easiest is using double sided tape right on the fairing, but I'd rather not. :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looking for ideas to mount my helmet cam on my bike. Any of you creative types found a safe place to mount your GoPro or similar cameras directly on the bike? I know easiest is using double sided tape right on the fairing, but I'd rather not. :p

Probably best on your helmet IMO. The video will be better if its showing where you look and from a slightly higher vantage point off of there.

Also, I would suggest not videoing yourself speeding or anything incriminating. Watch the first video and enjoy the feeling of him rounding his "final" corner. I can't imagine it was a good day for that guy. The second one was a few years back here, bike wasn't even insured and buddy was so smart he posted the video on his facebook.

Speeding motorcyclist busted by own GoPro camera at 213 km/h - British Columbia - CBC News

300 km/h motorcycle ride shocks Vancouver Island police - British Columbia - CBC News

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! I do have a helmet with a mount, but my newest helmet has vents in all the places ideal for the double-sided tape. The helmet cam is still option # 2 for me, but looking for on-bike mounting options.

I commute 80 miles per day in LA's rush hour traffic. Although I split lanes (filter through traffic), I just don't break any rules. It is virtually impossible to speed during my commute and I am usually the slowest biker during my commute. Other bikes, especially full-dress Harleys come rushing past me when I am already filtering around 30 MPH :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
How bout something more stealth? like hanging "under the front" of the fairing, centered between the headlamps, or on top of the front fender? You could clamp onto the lower fork tube so that you dont have to have any adhesive? They have to make a clamp near the same circumfrence as they have the ones for rollcages and such....Sure it will bounce in the playback a bit...but are you trying to film a documentry or cover your butt if something happens? I have a small "auto-vox b40c "dash cam that I ran in a car I just sold, so I am going to run that on my bike. It will mount to the inside of the windshield and face forward.
Description:
The B40-C dash cam is a new camera for 2015. The B40-C is a discreet camera based on the popular Novatek NT96650 processor and the Aptina AR0330 CMOS sensor. Video quality during the day is very good and night quality is average.
The B40-C records 1080p at 30f/s with an average bit rate of approximately 15,000kpbs. The camera comes with a 1.5?? screen and optional GPS will be available. Build quality is quite good and is noticeably better than the popular G1W.
The size of the camera is 72mm x 52mm x 43mm. While not the smallest camera, the form factor makes this camera quite discreet when mounted in a car for a number of reasons. The camera mounts directly to the windshield rather than using a large mount. The shape of the camera is also quite good for discreet mounting. It can be mounted high up on the windshield so that only the lens is visible from the outside.

For more installation details, please refer to
https://youtu.be/0vPAO33nZU8

Special Features:
*Multi-language support
*Featuring WDR 170 Degree Wide 6G Angle and 3.0 Megapixel Camera
*Full 1080P HD Recording at a Smooth 30 FPS and 720P at 60 FPS with LED Night Vision

Specifications:
-1.5 inch HD LCD screen
-3M CMOS Sensor
-Shutter:Electronic shutter
-Support HDMI cable(not included)
-Ports:USB, HDMI,AV,and Micro SD card slot
-Audio:Built-in Microphone/Speaker(AAC)
-Storage Space:Up to 32GB micro SD card(not include)

Package Includes:
AUTO-VOX B40-C Dash Camera
USB cable
In-car charging cable
Brackets and Adhesive Mount System
User Manual

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.... It will mount to the inside of the windshield and face forward....
Hmmm...thats a good idea. I have a weather-proof Drift Ghost HD and a generic Polaroid action cam. Both are low profile, but I am interested in how you'll mount on the inside of the windshield. Tape?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm...thats a good idea. I have a weather-proof Drift Ghost HD and a generic Polaroid action cam. Both are low profile, but I am interested in how you'll mount on the inside of the windshield. Tape?
yeah, well,..it has a really small plastic base that has double side tape. the camera slides and "clicks" into it. Heres a link to it on amazon,...look at how its mounted in the pics... :) the small lens is horiz adjustable...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry for the bad screen pic...the upper wedge piece is just a dress piece to cover the wires going up to the headliner (in a car) not needed for our application. The camera is just the small square and there is just a small square mounting bracket for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts