Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@MotoMike
I was looking into purchasing a chip for my 300r's O2 sensor. The company doesn't list one for the 300 but they do for the 250r, and even lets you pick the year 2015? So I looked up on the Honda Parts page and diagram and for the 2011-2013 cbr250r it does not show an O2 sensor in the header pipe at all. Of course on the 300r it does. So my question is do the 250's truly not have an O2 sensor at all?

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
@MotoMike
I was looking into purchasing a chip for my 300r's O2 sensor. The company doesn't list one for the 300 but they do for the 250r, and even lets you pick the year 2015? So I looked up on the Honda Parts page and diagram and for the 2011-2013 cbr250r it does not show an O2 sensor in the header pipe at all. Of course on the 300r it does. So my question is do the 250's truly not have an O2 sensor at all?
Doesn't look like they have a sensor to me: EXHAUST MUFFLER (2) - CBR 250 R ABS BLACK CBR250RAD 2013 UNITED KINGDOM - CBR250RAD - Genuine Honda spare parts

Reactions: mikal

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
@MotoMike
First I've heard of a 'chip' for the 250R's O2 sensor... which company has this?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
notice installation 'be sure to check o2 sensor and
catalytic converter are working properly'..

seems to rule out non-cat exhausts..

·
Registered
151 Posts
probably just some sort of resistor inline to make the bike think it is running a little lean to trick the ecu into putting in more fuel. not sure how effective it would be at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
notice installation 'be sure to check o2 sensor and
catalytic converter are working properly'..

seems to rule out non-cat exhausts..
Yah I noticed that and brought it up to the guy. I have been emailing back and forth with 1 of their techs and he keeps throwing different products at me to look at.
It reminded me of a resistor too and told the guy that, but he said it is constantly changing the voltage and resending the info to the ECU. A resistor would pretty much be a constant.
This product isn't for me but we are researching things together to try and find something 'perfect'. There seems to be quite a bit of a language barrier. English definitely isn't his 1st language. There are very helpful though. I was just befuddled when I thought the 250r didn't have an O2 sensor

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
mikal... Why are you looking at "other stuff" when your bike seems to me to be working/running quite well..? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
mikal... Why are you looking at "other stuff" when your bike seems to me to be working/running quite well..? Just curious.
Chronic case of "mod fever"?

Reactions: mikal and CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
OK! got it! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts