Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching and the only front sprockets I find for my CB300F have 12, 13, or 14 teeth.
Any 15T sprockets say they will not fit this bike.
The only one I did find charges $27 USD to ship to Canada. That more than doubles the price!
HELP! :crying:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fortnine.ca. Free shipping over $49. Either JT or Sunstar, but only Sunstar comes in 15T.
Thanks.
I had trouble with their website telling me "does not fit".
I got the correct info from the Sunstar website. Their SKU number is 36115.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
406 Posts
OEM Cycles. Based in USA. On ebay.

PBI - 382-15 - Steel Front Sprocket, 15T 382-15 50-38215 2502-864

I had one shipped over to UK. Also have a Sunstar but their lock holes are not in line. Had to modify the locking bar to get the bolts to screw in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I had one shipped over to UK. Also have a Sunstar but their lock holes are not in line. Had to modify the locking bar to get the bolts to screw in.
Thanks Gromit, that's good to know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a front sprocket for a Honda XR250 trail bike, they're the same.
Thanks Kiwi. I have a good Honda dealer just down the road from me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Also have a Sunstar but their lock holes are not in line. Had to modify the locking bar to get the bolts to screw in.
Interesting. Mine was spot on.

Thanks.
I had trouble with their website telling me "does not fit".
I got the correct info from the Sunstar website. Their SKU number is 36115.
Fortnine’s website sometimes “forgets” what bike you have told it you’re shopping for. That is the Sunstar sprocket they sold me. If you enter their number (CM1291647) to search, you get two options. One is the actual sprocket, the other is all Sunstar 520 countershaft sprockets, and when you pick your vehicle and tooth count, it shows the 36115.

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts

Did you try flipping the sprocket over? The locking bolt holes are off set from memory and it only works one way.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If I remember correctly, the sprocket has a shoulder on one side which is to the outside. I'll check next time I look in my spares box as I have another sprocket in there.

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
If I remember correctly, the sprocket has a shoulder on one side which is to the outside. I'll check next time I look in my spares box as I have another sprocket in there.
Sorry I created some confusion there. Your right, it does have a shoulder on one side so flipping is not an option.
As chance would have it I still had my old 15T sitting on the shelf in my workshop and I've just taken a pic of it.
What I was remembering was that there are two sets of locking plate bolt holes that are set off center. But they are not at 90 degrees to each other so only one set will line up correctly depending on where you place the lock plate on the spline.

P1000861.JPG

·
Registered
406 Posts
Both the Sunstar and PBI sprockets I have only have one set of holes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
F
I have been searching and the only front sprockets I find for my CB300F have 12, 13, or 14 teeth.
The only one I did find charges $27 USD to ship to Canada. That more than doubles the price!
I seem to have same problem. Even after following every lead in this thread I have drawn a blank. Sunstar maybe possibility but out of stock ! Improvising from other Honda models only offer same choice of 12, 13, 14. What to do now in UK?

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts

I'm pretty sure this is the one you want as it lists the XR250 in the models that it fits. But more importantly it also has the spline dimensions in the description so if it matches up then your sorted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts