Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a straight pipe on my CBR300R and it is without a doubt louder than my straight pipe R6 (no dB killer) and louder than my straight pipe CBR600 (no dB killer) and louder than my Screamin Eagle II HD Sportster 1200R. The sound volume of CBR300R is by far louder than all and it's obvious. Even my 124cc Grom with the dB insert out is crazy loud. What makes a single cylinder so dang awesomely loud?

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Im guessing its something to do with the single sound pulse not being masked by others and also the fact that single cylinder engines tend to have a reasonable size combustion chamber so make a big explosion each time the engine fires. Just throwing a few ideas out there, someone on here may be able to offer a more scientific answer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Im guessing its something to do with the single sound pulse not being masked by others and also the fact that single cylinder engines tend to have a reasonable size combustion chamber so make a big explosion each time the engine fires. Just throwing a few ideas out there, someone on here may be able to offer a more scientific answer.
also the fact of where the catalytic converter is located on the 300 series it's in the muffler so taking the muffler off clear straight shot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts