Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 CBRf love it .but 2 days ago while riding it just cut off. I was in traffic second gear clutch pulled in. It absolutely seemed like I was outta gas.i wasn't. After trying to restart several times I noticed the green and red wire going to which I believe is neutral safety switch was cut in half.it had come loose from the switch and the chain caught it..I spliced it back together taped it and tried to start it again.nothing. It turns over like a champ I checked to see if there was spark and there is not .could it have fried the switch? Also I'm attaching a pic of a part in front of the air box that now when I turn the key on clicks a few times likea car starter does if your battery is dead..I've been racing mx my entire life so I know a little but this has me lost .help.
Hand Automotive tire Bicycle part Finger Rim

Motor vehicle Car Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
CB300F
41 Posts
Consider possibility of engine damage. I hear they shut off when too hot. I had experience once, acted like starved for fuel while riding, then stalled seconds later. Starter worked great. But nothing from engine.

Hope it is much simpler than that for you.

·
Super Moderator
387 Posts
I wouldn't go any farther than the connector you've already diagnosed as the problem. It's possible, but doubtful it's somewhere else.
Recheck the wiring you spliced and use a jumper wire across the connector coupling to by-pass the switch and see if the bike starts up. If it does, remove the jumper wire and re-install the connector to the switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts