1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can only see the parts listing for the CB500X in these links. I think that the touring accessories would work fine. I can't say for sure TBH. Part of me wants to say no, or else they would have said that the parts would work on the CBR300.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I believe the body on the CBR500 has different dimensions, seems bigger, i doubt there will be parts that cross over.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know,

I'm sure Honda will come out with basically the same accessories for the CBR300 in the future. Since I am not going to buy the CBR500 just for the accessories :p

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm sure CBR300 will get its own line of special accessories. 250-300s are quite popular for track days, they're small enough you can run WOT ;)

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
You can always make something fit If you really wanted to but it does take some patiences and time. Why not just wait for the proper fitted CBR300 accessories. speaking of that which accessories are you guys looking in to getting?

·
Registered
707 Posts
You can always make something fit If you really wanted to but it does take some patiences and time. Why not just wait for the proper fitted CBR300 accessories. speaking of that which accessories are you guys looking in to getting?
and because of that it may not be worth it to do this for some.
Probably best to wait for official accessories and not take the expensive risk.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I'm definitely interested in getting a single seat cowl, will Honda do one OEM?
I agree, it makes the tail section so much cleaner. And for OEM they have their Honda Racing line accessories. the fit for things is spot on of course. when it comes to seat cowls no aftermarket comapnies can beat them for fit and quality. Paint match is to the T.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Plus aftermarket might offer up something that has a different design thats more to our liking, they might even release a carbon fiber version for all we know.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Honda doesn't offer much of anything in the way of accessories for the CBR250R... I doubt that will be any different for the CBR300R. Besides rear seat cowls, tank protectors, and storage covers, Honda doesn't have much for any of their sport bike segment.

These days, most sport bike accessories are coming from aftermarket companies.

Besides, most of you have some time to wait before you will even see the 300R's on the dealers showroom floors... not much point in putting the cart before the horse. :p

Reactions: Bozzo

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Actually, OEM replacement parts are very inexpensive* for the CBR250R, especially compared to other Honda motorcycles... I would expect the same to be true for the 300R.

*OEM parts are inexpensive here in the U.S. for the CBR250R, but from what I've heard, that's not true in Canada.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Actually, OEM replacement parts are very inexpensive* for the CBR250R, especially compared to other Honda motorcycles... I would expect the same to be true for the 300R.

*OEM parts are inexpensive here in the U.S. for the CBR250R, but from what I've heard, that's not true in Canada.
Thats why i like sticking with CBR's since i live in america.
I wanted a KTM but reminded myself of how uncommon things for them are. I need a CBR as a daily during good weather, KTM won't be ideal for that

·
Registered
528 Posts

guess it depends on what level of aftermarket you are reffering to

because there are some very cheap ones made from cheap factories that aren't good quality and there are very expensive ones probably made in the USA that are much better quality.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts