Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from Fanatic's 'dislikes' thread, It would be interesting to know what people would like to see in the next model, what ever size cc's it may be??

I know its probably a bit early for this but hey - no harm in a bit of speculation and dreaming!

Lets keep it positive tho, rather than diss someones else's thoughts just give us your own :)

I'm going to kick off with the thing I'd like to see most:
A set of stiffer front forks in a larger diameter. Yamaha is class leader here now with 41mm forks up front on the R3. I find the 37mm units on the CBR don't cope so well when hard cornering (canyon racing) on uneven surfaces. The last thing you want when your cranked right over is things getting untidy!

Any others??

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would like to see slightly wider tires, although I'm sure my wallet will be pleased with the ones I have when it comes time to replace them.

Also, since most people agree that this bike is great for beginner riders, and as a novice rider myself, I would like to see a gear indicator on the dash.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Also, since most people agree that this bike is great for beginner riders, and as a novice rider myself, I would like to see a gear indicator on the dash.
I felt the same way too when I got the bike, but now I quite like having to keep track in my head. Keeps me focused a bit more. Although there were a few times where it would have helped keep me from chirping that back tire :laugh:

At the moment, I don't think I can come up with something that id like to see in the future except for maybe up the cc count (like the Ninja or that Yamaha R3).

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Good thread. I honestly don't know what to wish for on the next model.

If the 300 is here to stay longer than the previous 250 model, I'd say maybe come out with a higher-performance variant. Maybe something with a little less weight, slightly higher revving, sportier exhaust, tuned with a bit more power / torque, sportier tuned suspension / forks / etc, a little more aggressive positioning for the rider, and few cosmetic enhancements. Doesn't have to necessarily have a bigger motor... They can keep everything that makes this bike great, just maybe a version which sharpens the excitement on an already superb machine. Best of all, it's all OEM and engineered and backed by Honda.

Maybe call it the CBR300RR?

Or I can keep dreaming, lol. :laugh:

Reactions: Gdaddy197

·
Registered
447 Posts
I like yellow bikes. I would like a yellow color option. I already mentioned how the bike doesn't lean to the left quite enough when on the kickstand. That's about it. Love the bike.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like yellow bikes. I would like a yellow color option. I already mentioned how the bike doesn't lean to the left quite enough when on the kickstand. That's about it. Love the bike.
Fortunately there are ways to go about making the plastics of a bike yellow and for cheap, some of those options I myself might have to explore.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#2 on my wishlist would have to be an aluminium swing arm.

If for no other reason that they look way cooler/tricker than steel ones. Love those neat aluminium welds.
Aluminium is about a third of the weight of steel too so your gonna get a nice reduction there, which all helps when you've only got 30 odd ponies to play with.

Ideally I'd love to see a full aluminium frame but thats prob never gonna happen on an entry level bike built to a price. There has to be trade offs...
No harm in dreamin tho :rolleyes:

·
Registered
295 Posts
#2 on my wishlist would have to be an aluminium swing arm.

If for no other reason that they look way cooler/tricker than steel ones. Love those neat aluminium welds.
Aluminium is about a third of the weight of steel too so your gonna get a nice reduction there, which all helps when you've only got 30 odd ponies to play with.

Ideally I'd love to see a full aluminium frame but thats prob never gonna happen on an entry level bike built to a price. There has to be trade offs...
No harm in dreamin tho :rolleyes:
well use of aluminum is being used more on passenger vehicles, so who knows, some years down the road we might see it being used more and more on bikes like this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wish mostly likely won't happen in the US. I wish we had the vtr250 or the cb400...... or any of the round headlight, chrome type bikes like the cbs from the '70s. I still luv my cb300f but would sell it if any of those came in.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
My wish mostly likely won't happen in the US. I wish we had the vtr250 or the cb400...... or any of the round headlight, chrome type bikes like the cbs from the '70s. I still luv my cb300f but would sell it if any of those came in.
You missed out on the US spec VTR250 by about 25 years...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts