Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda is bumping the power of the CBR250 up to 300 ccs in orer to compete with Kawasaki next year. Is it true that people will automatically go for the bike with more power, or would people be okay with slightly less power and a lower price on their bike?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think that for most people the cost difference would be so little that they would rather have the more powerful bike. I think they should be sold side by side until all the CBR 250s are sold out. They can sell them at a lower price to make them ore appealing, but I see no benefit in continuing to produce the CBR 250 in markets where the CBR 300 will be sold.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing it really just depends on the pricing. Do you know if this is going to be happening in any markets. Are they being sold next to each other? Might just be till they clear out the old stock.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can't complain about getting the CBR250 at a low low price. I wonder how much you could get the price down to if both of them were on sale at the same dealership. Any guesses?

·
Registered
707 Posts
You can even find some slightly used or even slightly abused CBR250 for cheap, it's another option, even cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Can't complain about getting the CBR250 at a low low price. I wonder how much you could get the price down to if both of them were on sale at the same dealership. Any guesses?
not even that, but when CBR300 ships dealers will likely have old 2013 CBR250 stock they are looking to get rid of. This time of year is actually the best time to buy a new bike because all the dealers are clearing out old stock.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of how much we can possibly save?
depends on how many the dealer has left lying around. If its one or two you wont see too much of a discount, but if they've got you know 5-10 then you're going to save big time ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it completely up to the dealer then? You may be able to travel somewhere else to get a deal. I would consider doing that to save some dollaz.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Last winter, before the 2013 CBR250R's were released, one of the local Honda dealers had two brand new '12 Tri-Color 250R's priced at $500 below the original MSRP. I would expect to find that any left over '13 250R's will have a similar discount off of MSRP going into the spring. And although American Honda Motor Co. hasn't announced the CBR300R yet or what it's MSRP will be, you can be pretty sure that it will be at least several hundred dollars more than what the '13 250R MSRP is. Doing the math, I'd guess that a left over '13 CBR250R might be bought for roughly $1000(USD) less than the selling price of the 2014 CBR300R.

·
Registered
707 Posts
$500 below is okay, still better than nothing, $1000 is more like it :D
$1000 is probably if they're really desperate to get rid of it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts