Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling 2015 Honda CBR 300R

Price is negotiable. If you have any questions, feel free to text, email, call, or message on here(I'll try to check here as often as possible, but the other 3 options are much more reliable).

If a mod can delete my other post, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Bike's been through some, but you already opened up to that.

Good luck with sale. Let us know final deal details once sold, if possible?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bike's been through some, but you already opened up to that.

Good luck with sale. Let us know final deal details once sold, if possible?
Yeah. I got it from a dealership at 462 miles with a salvage title. Before buying it I had to have my cousin(works on bikes) check it out. Luckily the OEM fairings are very cheap for these!

Thanks a lot! I will. I have a co-worker/cousin-in-law who is interested but they want to make payments and I don't really know the best method of doing it. So I'm going to wait on that. Do you have any advice for that sort of thing? Is there a way to get a contract that says if the bike is stolen or wrecked he still pays the full cost, etc? I don't want to get screwed over.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yeah. I got it from a dealership at 462 miles with a salvage title. Before buying it I had to have my cousin(works on bikes) check it out. Luckily the OEM fairings are very cheap for these!

Thanks a lot! I will. I have a co-worker/cousin-in-law who is interested but they want to make payments and I don't really know the best method of doing it. So I'm going to wait on that. Do you have any advice for that sort of thing? Is there a way to get a contract that says if the bike is stolen or wrecked he still pays the full cost, etc? I don't want to get screwed over.
I don't have any legal or official advice, however you'd probably need someone qualified make you a contract to have signed and have on file.

Even then, if the payments aren't paid or he disappears, then it becomes a legal / court issue... I would think this would take more time, money, and energy to fire up.

It's up to you on how well you know and trust the person. Perhaps even later, he may even decide to return the bike to you and have you deduct the payments (or maybe keep them) if he doesn't want it anymore for one reason or another.

You may want to leave it out there to see if it sells. If not, you can reduce the price if you want. I would think it's better to have a "firm sale" opposed to collecting payments. Heck, don't forget to charge interest on those payments so you can make some money while you're at it... 5% - 10% APR anyone? ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have any legal or official advice, however you'd probably need someone qualified make you a contract to have signed and have on file.

Even then, if the payments aren't paid or he disappears, then it becomes a legal / court issue... I would think this would take more time, money, and energy to fire up.

It's up to you on how well you know and trust the person. Perhaps even later, he may even decide to return the bike to you and have you deduct the payments (or maybe keep them) if he doesn't want it anymore for one reason or another.

You may want to leave it out there to see if it sells. If not, you can reduce the price if you want. I would think it's better to have a "firm sale" opposed to collecting payments. Heck, don't forget to charge interest on those payments so you can make some money while you're at it... 5% - 10% APR anyone? ;)

Good luck.
Haha exactly what I am thinking. I figured the same thing. I've been lowering it. I hopefully don't have to take it any lower than I have it at now though. I put a decent amount into it so far to make it look a bit nicer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I was advised many years ago, "Before lending money to a friend, decide first which you want most - the money or the friend".

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Better images posted!
Put a hot chick on the bike, and I'm sure you'll sell it faster (and get a few hundred more, perhaps?)... Just don't forget to put a *disclaimer*. :kiss: ;) :laugh:

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
141 Posts
As far as selling on a payment plan, tell him to go to the bank and take out a small personal loan for the amount and the bank can deal with the rest, and you get your money up front. I borrowed about 2800 once to buy an old Mercedes. It's an easy process. Payments were about $90/month

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As far as selling on a payment plan, tell him to go to the bank and take out a small personal loan for the amount and the bank can deal with the rest, and you get your money up front. I borrowed about 2800 once to buy an old Mercedes. It's an easy process. Payments were about $90/month
Cool thanks. I'll talk to him about that!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
There you go... That's smart, and easy enough.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maaaan!! If I was near by you, I would gladly take that off your hands. Currently in the market for a 300 Honda bike. Almost tempted to head on up there to pick it up haha, definitely some distance though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts