Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Luckily for me its high summer down here on the bottom of the world, so the bikes loaded up and I'm about to head off into the sunshine on a long ride over the course of a week or so. First stop will be Xmas with the family then I will carry on cruising, completing a long loop of about 1500 - 2000 miles, staying with friends and catching up along the way. It will be my first long tour on the 300 so looking forward to it and may share a few thoughts with you guys on my rtn.
Merry Xmas to you all.
View attachment 2673

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Nice... That should give your ODO a big jump, haha. Explains how you had so many miles on your prior 250. ;)

Can't beat that good balance of time with the bike and family over the holidays.

Have fun and stay safe, friend.

Reactions: CBR300R

·
Registered
212 Posts
Luckily for me its high summer down here on the bottom of the world, so the bikes loaded up and I'm about to head off into the sunshine on a long ride over the course of a week or so. First stop will be Xmas with the family then I will carry on cruising, completing a long loop of about 1500 - 2000 miles, staying with friends and catching up along the way. It will be my first long tour on the 300 so looking forward to it and may share a few thoughts with you guys on my rtn.
Merry Xmas to you all.
View attachment 2673
Merry Xmas and enjoy :) .

It would be interesting to hear how your trip went on such a long trip :) .

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I'm back from my trip and must say I'm pretty impressed with the little 300 as a touring prospect. To be fair my longest day was only 400 miles but I was able to get off at the end of the day pretty much ache free, the seats actually pretty comfy for a sportster. I was only carrying about 20 pound of luggage in the form of a soft bag on the pillion seat and a tank bag for my every day bits and pieces but this set up was unobtrusive and I could still clearly see the instrument panel. The first day or two i did notice the extra weight up high when cornering, but i soon got used to it and regained my confidence.
Something that did blow me away was the fuel economy. I was stuck in the 55 - 65 MPH speed range due to holiday traffic and subsequent police presence but this was rewarded with an average of 80.8 MPG! (34.4 km/l). I will discuss this further in the fuel consumption thread.
My journey was cut short to just over 1100miles in the end but during this time it used no oil and i didnt need to adjust the chain. It was nice to push the start button every morning with complete confidence of a trouble free days riding ahead.
I got lots of waves out on the road and quite a few people showed interest in the bike at fuel stops, coming over to check it out and chat.
Overall I rate the CBR300 as a competent touring machine for rider and luggage, I think two up touring might be pushing it tho!

Will add a few pics here:
View attachment 2713

View attachment 2721

View attachment 2729

View attachment 2737

View attachment 2745

View attachment 2753

View attachment 2761

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
So, tell me again... Why don't I live in New Zealand?? :eek: Beautiful...

You must've had a blast, that's a given.

·
Registered
352 Posts
INSANELY JEALOUS, MAN! Xmas here was nice (not nice enough to ride) but my bike is up on stands & winterized in the garage. It PAINS me everytime I drive in! Just craving a ride...

That is comforting to hear that you had a good touring experience on the 300R. Looks like some fun road you had to carve. Good pics too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like a great trip! Not sure I could do a long one like that. My name tells all! LOL don't think my body could handle that. That pic of the bike amongst the flowers and the mountain in the background is gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Looks like a great trip! Not sure I could do a long one like that. My name tells all! LOL don't think my body could handle that. That pic of the bike amongst the flowers and the mountain in the background is gorgeous.
Beautiful image, indeed...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, maybe Honda would be interested for promotional material?! $$$$ :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts