Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! I'm looking to buy a CBR300R from someone but they claim to have changed the exhaust to Yoshimura. I am worried that it would overpower the catalyst and burn out the cylinders - hence meaning I would need a power commander installed in the future not to ruin the engine as it is very torquey!. Is this the case, or can the CBR300R handle it? Maybe anyone has installed it on their bikes?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,373 Posts
It will be fine, Yoshimura is a quality brand and will be designed to suit your bike without the necessity to fit a piggy back fuel controller. However you do get best results with a matching tune by use of a fuel controller or more commonly these days flashing your ECU. All the best with the purchase.

·
Registered
324 Posts
See my other post just now. If it's just a slip-on, it'll be fine. If it's a full system, you'll be down on power without tuning / compensatory mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys! I'm looking to buy a CBR300R from someone but they claim to have changed the exhaust to Yoshimura. I am worried that it would overpower the catalyst and burn out the cylinders - hence meaning I would need a power commander installed in the future not to ruin the engine as it is very torquey!. Is this the case, or can the CBR300R handle it? Maybe anyone has installed it on their bikes?
Thanks!
I have the Yoshimura R-77 on my CBR300R 2019 a slip-on exhaust and its fine.
Sounds great and all. Plugged it in and didnt really need to tune anything.

I would say go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts