Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replace stock exhaust yet? Is it necessary to add aftermarket fuel-controller?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a Yoshimura R77 slip on without a controller and the bike runs great. However......from everything I've read . If you go with a full exhaust ,then you will need to get one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
yes you will need a PCM or something similar if you swap the full system. Theres a little servo motor down there that will consistently alter back pressure based on RPM's, going full system drops that servo from the equation and send the ECU tripping balls...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what are you talking about? A Power Commander Fuel Controller(PCFC)? I see they sell this PCFC at Dynojet For $249.00...Is this what is most appropriate?

·
Registered
532 Posts
So what are you talking about? A Power Commander Fuel Controller(PCFC)? I see they sell this PCFC at Dynojet For $249.00...Is this what is most appropriate?
Yes I was talking about Power Commander's. PC is the only one I'm familiar with... Do some research, you might find another viable alternative for all i know..

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
Theres a little servo motor down there that will consistently alter back pressure based on RPM's, going full system drops that servo from the equation and send the ECU tripping balls...
If your referring to the item screwed into the header pipe about an inch out from the head then that's actually an Oxygen sensor for the ECU. Its interesting that they've moved this out onto the header pipe with the 300 as on the 250R it was inside the exhaust outlet of the head from memory.
But yeah it raises an interesting question regarding what you do with this sensor when you change to an aftermarket full system. Personally I'd just change the muffler.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the R77 Yoshi full system their are two holes for the 02 sensor. Their is one right outside the head, the same as stock muffler. Their is also one further down the pipe. So the Yoshi full system is a quick swap out. I spoke with Dynojet, they said that it really isn't necessary to add a fuel controller, however the fuel injection would absolutely benefit from the new map that they offer with the FC. They are currently developing a map for a full system Yoshimura exhaust and a KN air filter. In California, a slip on or a full exhaust are illegal. If you order from Yoshimura they make you sign a release. I got mine from Revzilla. I've swapped out the stock air filter with KN, I'm just waiting to see more info on adding a FC or not. I personally don't think that a high flow exhaust is going to alter the fuel injection properties that much. I do agree with Dynojet that the motor would benefit from a added FC.

·
Registered
289 Posts
On the R77 Yoshi full system their are two holes for the 02 sensor. Their is one right outside the head, the same as stock muffler. Their is also one further down the pipe. So the Yoshi full system is a quick swap out. I spoke with Dynojet, they said that it really isn't necessary to add a fuel controller, however the fuel injection would absolutely benefit from the new map that they offer with the FC. They are currently developing a map for a full system Yoshimura exhaust and a KN air filter. In California, a slip on or a full exhaust are illegal. If you order from Yoshimura they make you sign a release. I got mine from Revzilla. I've swapped out the stock air filter with KN, I'm just waiting to see more info on adding a FC or not. I personally don't think that a high flow exhaust is going to alter the fuel injection properties that much. I do agree with Dynojet that the motor would benefit from a added FC.
Would it be possible to post pictures of the full system and video if possible?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went ahead and installed full Yoshi exhaust, the bike runs fantastic. it idled high for 5 minutes then it settle right down, no backfiring, popping. Their is a difference ib the bike response. i am tring to figure out how to load pics...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2014 Honda GROM bored to 160, racing cam, upgraded fuel injector, PC5 and Autotune, full Yosh Exhaust, stiffer clutch springs, airbox removed and replace with Chimer ram air with KN filter, shorter fourth gear plus other stuff...
2015 Honda CB300F with full Yoshimura uxaust with low volumee insert, replace stock air filmter with K&N filter. Very loud and very quick...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talked to people at Yoshi R&D, they said their systems are made to simply bolt on without any addition FC...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The header pipe turned gold. I contacted Yoshimura R&D. They said the pipe is not chromed, it's stainless steel, so stainless is going to take on that golden hue...

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
The header pipe turned gold.
They all do that, its the nature of stainless steel once heated. I actually prefer that golden look myself. Glad your happy with your system, seems to be a hard thing to get right - similar to buying footwear!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts