Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good !! Did you or do you plan to upgrade the ECU ? I'm definitely no expert but it's my understanding that to noticeably improve HP/torque and performance, a re-mapped ECU is recommended ? Even without a new ECU, I'm sure the bike sounds great !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good !! Did you or do you plan to upgrade the ECU ? I'm definitely no expert but it's my understanding that to noticeably improve HP/torque and performance, a re-mapped ECU is recommended ? Even without a new ECU, I'm sure the bike sounds great !!
I don't plan to add a power commander or anything like that. The bike has plenty of power for how I use it and I just put the exhaust on because it looked so nice on Gdaddy197 bike, sounds better to me and the weight saving .

I have had other fuel injected bikes and just guessing because I haven't looked into it but believe this bike might have some kind of ECU adaptation unlike my Suzuki TU250 that was FI too. When i put the new filter in and started the bike the idle was fluctuating just like a car does when you install CAI and then never again. Then when I installed the pipe I got back fires initially when I first ran the bike and not one since and I put 50 miles on it today. I didn't about 10miles over 80mph and it still is a quiet bike but I have the 15T front sprocket so the rpms are a little less than OE.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After riding with the R77 on the bike for 5 days I like the CBR so much more. It sounds better than any other low displacement single I have heard before and it is loud enough for people to know you are there but not so loud it would become annoying. I notice I have been hitting the rev limiter in the first couple gears since I put the pipe on and I am not sure if it is the bike revving more quickly or something in my subconscious causing me to delay shifting due to the exhaust note changing. In any case my bike doesn’t sound like a scooter anymore and even though I view paying over $300 for an slip-on as expensive I am glad I bought it and would do it again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just ordered the same exhaust in carbon and also a k&n filter. Hoping it is rather loud with a nice note as the stock exhaust is so quite it's 1 annoying and 2 it's dangerous as other be be vehicles and quite easy not notice you in a
Blind spot

·
Registered
532 Posts
looking good, yea the ECU's are intelligent enough to adjust. Although from what I've read every modern bike is sold with a ridiculously lean A/F, remap just might make it feel a bit more punchy...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just ordered the same exhaust in carbon and also a k&n filter. Hoping it is rather loud with a nice note as the stock exhaust is so quite it's 1 annoying and 2 it's dangerous as other be be vehicles and quite easy not notice you in a
Blind spot
What are police like to guys with cars/bikes that have loud exhaust systems in Aussie?

·
Registered
75 Posts
What are police like to guys with cars/bikes that have loud exhaust systems in Aussie?
Depends on the cop & your behavior on the road if u ride like a dickhead they will pull you over and hammer you for anything and everything they can..
I personally have had many loud cares all with loads of work never had a problem with cops yet friend of mine with similar cars that drive like idiots on the road get defected and pulled over constantly.
I'm assuming it will be the same with bikes as Im new to road bikes. I do no
My brothers harley with a 1600 and shotgun exhaust super loud yet never pulled over..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has any of you guys had a problem with an air leak around the exhaust clamp for the slip on? I cant seem to get it to stop no matter which way I turn it. I have not put a rivet in it like instructions say but I cant see that make it leak. I know mm can make a difference in how these fit. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think you just found your problem. I put the rivet in mine and haven't had a single problem. The rivet is what keeps the muffler moving from the head pipe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Man, I like how that sounds...anyone else have a different aftermarket brand that they can post videos of? a Two Brothers or an Akropovic maybe?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you just found your problem. I put the rivet in mine and haven't had a single problem. The rivet is what keeps the muffler moving from the head pipe.
I just installed mine a few hours ago with the rivet in no problems ether but I must say the exhaust note I'm not a fan of it does not sound as good as I would hoped just super loud.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just installed mine a few hours ago with the rivet in no problems ether but I must say the exhaust note I'm not a fan of it does not sound as good as I would hoped just super loud.
Did you install the baffle? My CBR300 is 1 of 5 bikes I own and the R77 with the baffle installed is by far the quietest bike I own. The OE pipe is ridiculously quiet, it got old real fast for me when I pulled up next to a big scooter on the street and couldn't hear my CBR engine running.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the baffle.......I have mine in as well and I think the R77 sounds great. I don't think its too loud at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the baffle.......I have mine in as well and I think the R77 sounds great. I don't think its too loud at all.
No I didn't install the baffle I will try it and see how it sound.
I want the bike to sound nice rather then just loud

·
Registered
140 Posts
It makes a world of difference my friend.......Let us know how you like the sound after you put it in. I Think you will be very surprised and very happy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts