Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got 3000+ miles on my stock cbr300r since October. Finally got around to calculating the miles per gallon. My last several rides were: 48 mpg, 51 mpg, 62 mpg, and 48 mpg. Far short of the advertised 71 mpg. WTH?!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting between 62-65mpg (3.2-3.75lt/100km) without too many problems, I think a long highway run at 60mph (100km/h) would get 70mpg pretty easy. I'm about 60% highway 40% town.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Haven't been keeping track of the mileage on the CBR, but I'm thankful for each time I get out on it opposed to our Toyota 4Runner which supposedly gets 17 on the city and 21 on the highway. :eek: The 300 definitely makes me question cars which aren't anywhere near as efficient. We're comparing apples and oranges, I realize.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Haven't been keeping track of the mileage on the CBR, but I'm thankful for each time I get out on it opposed to our Toyota 4Runner which supposedly gets 17 on the city and 21 on the highway. :eek: The 300 definitely makes me question cars which aren't anywhere near as efficient. We're comparing apples and oranges, I realize.
You can't carry as much but motorcycles are so much more economical. Once the weather gets nice it is the go to instead of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts