Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people paying out the door (OTD), bike, tax, title, set-up license....ie: everything except insurance. I bought mine today but it hasn't been delivered yet due to rain. The dealer is bringing it to my house tomorrow afternoon. I paid $4500 and they included free delivery 50 miles one way, plus 2 oil filters (San Antonio, Texas).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least if people who are looking at the CB300F find this forum and this thread, they will have something to go by. It is not unusual for bikes to go for many hundreds of dollars difference even in the same state. Some salesmen are better than others I guess and they will make as much profit as possible. The first price quoted to me was $5,378 with delivery and $100 credit for parts. Honda has a delivery system such that bikes seem to show up all around the US at about the same time at least at their Powersport stores, so we should see a lot of bikes being sold now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What are people paying out the door (OTD), bike, tax, title, set-up license....ie: everything except insurance. I bought mine today but it hasn't been delivered yet due to rain. The dealer is bringing it to my house tomorrow afternoon. I paid $4500 and they included free delivery 50 miles one way, plus 2 oil filters (San Antonio, Texas).
$4500 otd ?!!!! that is awesome. I'm hoping to get one in Cali for $5k. Still searching. Congrats and ride safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haha, for real -- those CA guys.

I got mine the day the dealer got it in stock. I preordered it ahead of time and they quoted me a lower number when I preordered than what they are selling them for now but they kept their word and the OTD price that they quoted me. The price was 3799 or something plus tax which was a little over 4100 OTD. Fees/Shipping were waved.

Located in TN.

No extras here, just the bike and I drove it off the lot myself.

I wish Honda sold the ABS version in the states as I would have gladly paid a bit more (looked at the CBR but I like the F more...) Oh well. Great bike.

·
Registered
707 Posts
At least if people who are looking at the CB300F find this forum and this thread, they will have something to go by. It is not unusual for bikes to go for many hundreds of dollars difference even in the same state. Some salesmen are better than others I guess and they will make as much profit as possible. The first price quoted to me was $5,378 with delivery and $100 credit for parts. Honda has a delivery system such that bikes seem to show up all around the US at about the same time at least at their Powersport stores, so we should see a lot of bikes being sold now.
Yes that's true, it helps greatly to be part of a community about some product you own that you're passionate about and use often, or even something you have yet to get, which with being a new product is what you want to do. Hopefully there are those that have yet to order a CBR300 and are seeing these price postings, great little resource here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Under $4k

Paid $3999 out the door here in Arkansas. Didn't know until I went to register with DMV that Arkansas doesn't charge tax for motorcycles under $4k. Looks like I got a sweet deal for my very first bike.

Edit: Read elsewhere on the forum that out the door price must include title and registration so I wanted to add that here. So the final total comes to $4021. $3999 paid to the dealership + $22 paid to DMV for title and registration.

·
Registered
295 Posts
No tax for bikes under $4k, wow, that's awesome, which makes me wonder if honda knew about that, if they did...great on their part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Probably not

No tax for bikes under $4k, wow, that's awesome, which makes me wonder if honda knew about that, if they did...great on their part.
I am not sure what other states have this $4k limit but I doubt Honda would price a product based on Arkansas state law. This is not a huge market for Honda or anyone selling small displacement sport bikes large cruiser style bikes are more common. In fact the dealer I bought mine from ordered just 1 unit because he wasn't sure its gonna sell quickly.
He is going to change his mind because I purchased it the same week he got it :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brand new CB300F owner here. Just paid $4,550 and had it delivered. And, yes, that's in California.
I used the Costco buying service. Not a bad way to buy. They connected me w/ a local dealer and made the purchase very easy.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Can a few more people chime in to help us people looking to buy soon to get a better deal? Thanks in advance.
My R was $4,800 OTD... And the R has a $400 higher base price than the F. So I'd say $4,500 OTD or maybe even lower but I'm speaking for my area. The tax rate could throw it off since you may be in a different location. I believe we are taxed 6.25% in Texas.

Honda may have a 3.99% APR going on as well since that's what I opted for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the posts fanatic. After going to a few dealerships that wouldn't budge under $5K+ we got a CB300F for $4850 OTD. It was my friends first bike purchase and I just went along for backup. I am now thinking of getting one for commuting but I'll wait until I finish paying off the FZ6R.

He tried to get one through Costco and it was $4900 OTD and the only participating dealership was pretty far away.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks for the posts fanatic. After going to a few dealerships that wouldn't budge under $5K+ we got a CB300F for $4850 OTD. It was my friends first bike purchase and I just went along for backup. I am now thinking of getting one for commuting but I'll wait until I finish paying off the FZ6R.

He tried to get one through Costco and it was $4900 OTD and the only participating dealership was pretty far away.
Yup, dealers can be stubborn at times. As long as your friend got the bike he wanted and is completely happy with it, then it's worth every bit.

Definitely a great commuter bike. I use it for commuting regularly, and it works very well for me.

Good call on paying off your other bike so that you're not burdened with additional payments on top of it.

Congrats to your friend.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts